New job Manager, Flight Dispatch in Quebec
Manager, Flight Dispatch
Company : Skyservice Business Aviation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
SKYSERVICE—“AIR TRAVEL. EVOLVED. | OUR PRIORITY. YOUR SAFETY.”
Skyservice Business Aviation Services provides a full range of services from its modern Fixed Base Operation (FBO) facilities in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary. These bases offer full line service and complete aircraft maintenance and support for today’s most popular business aircraft. The personal and friendly service and technical expertise have earned Skyservice industry recognition as Canada’s top FBO. Skyservice has the people, services, and infrastructure to offer corporate and private clients all levels of aircraft management from complete turnkey operations to specific support services for a single airplane or fleet. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services.
We are continually looking for individuals who possess a strong drive for results and a passion for understanding and meeting the needs of our customers in a safety focused environment. If you want to challenge your technical expertise then this is the right team for you!
JOB TITLE: Manager, Flight Dispatch
The Skyservice Business Aviation Manager, Flight Dispatch is responsible for ensuring an end-to-end operational safety, quality, and control process for each flight. The responsibilities also include sourcing and management oversight of best-in-class third party vendor and computer-based flight planning solutions. The Manager, Flight Dispatch must ensure the flight planning process and software is compliant with applicable government regulations, industry best practices, and auditable post flight completion for quality review and safety management system input. The Manager, Flight Dispatch will report to the Skyservice National Chief Pilot.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees timely, positional oversight of each flight operated by Skyservice Business Aviation, including the completion of individual flight risk assessments and mitigation, flight planning, technical dispatch and the flight following process.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the dispatch staff and third parties vendors.
- Responsible for dispatcher workflow to ensure all flights are checked, monitored analyzed for weather conditions over regular and alternate routes. Ensure all online records are accurate and up to date for each flight.
- Ensure flight dispatchers comply with all regulatory requirements, and Company regulations and procedures.
- Ensure flight dispatchers provide all Pilots-in-Command with available information of meteorological conditions including adverse weather phenomena, and irregularities of facilities and services, which may affect the safety of the flight and up to date NOTAM’s.
- Provide management with reports of irregular operations that are related to dispatch.
- Develop and implement standardized operating procedures and policy within Flight Dispatch.
- Assist in the development and implementation of flight dispatch training program.
- Maintains and audits dispatch training records in accordance with TCCA and Skyservice.
- Contribute to the Flight Risk Assessment process (FRA) for all flights.
- Participate in charter coordination with regard to dispatch operations.
- Support other dispatch duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or college degree preferred. Education in aviation is an asset.
- Must have 5+ years experience in dispatch management
- Flight Dispatcher License required
- Strong aviation background with an emphasis on aircraft dispatching under Transport Canada Part VII
- Successful completion of Transport Canada written examinations for Commercial Pilot Aeroplanes (CPAER) and Instrument Rating (INRAT) or the Flight Dispatcher Generic Written Examinations (FDOPS and FDMET) are considered assets
- Sound knowledge of aviation regulations and proven experience with flight planning techniques, tools and software including a thorough understanding of aviation weather, NOTAMS, aircraft performance and weight and balance implications
- Prior management or supervisory experience required
- Strong communications and organizational skills, verbal and written
- Detail oriented, strong time management skills coupled with multi-tasking capability
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate with proficiency with PC software and applications
- Ability to work under pressure without close supervision in a global 24/7/365 aviation operating environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent