New job Loader Operator in Alberta
Company : Pinnacle Renewable Energy
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
The Loader Operator duties include:
- Actively participates in Owning Safety programs including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training.
- Operating the Loader and other equipment in a safe, productive manner.
- Ensure the highest level of safety standards and performance.
- Working with the plant operator to optimize fibre feed stocks from storage piles and barn to fibre storage.
- Completes shift pre trip inspections on equipment, reporting any service or maintenance requirements to the Maintenance team proactively and immediately.
- Proactively assists maintenance when plant equipment is down for repairs and maintenance.
- Lead housekeeping initiatives, ensuring work areas are kept clean and organized.
- Participates in continuous improvement and quality control initiatives.
- Comply with applicable government regulations, corporate policies and environmental permits.
- Participate in cross training in Utility and Rail Car duties and complete these duties as required and when assigned.
- Champion and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Can complete forms and basic checklists associated with cleanup and rail car loading.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s license
This is a 28-day schedule, working 12 hour shifts, days and nights alternating.
- 2 year(s): Minimum 2 years’ progressive experience in total, in heavy industry, preferably in Wood Product Manufacturing or Harvesting. Combination of education and experience will be recognized
- Completed Heavy Equipment Operator course or related training from a recognized institution - will be considered an asset
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help