New job Investor Relations Assistant in British Columbia
Investor Relations Assistant
Company : B2Gold
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Investor Relations Administrative Assistant, Vancouver
Location and Reporting Structure
Based in the Vancouver Corporate office in the heart of the business district, with direct links to public transit.
The Investor Relations (“IR”) Administrative Assistant plays a key role in the organization and daily operations of the IR department. The incumbent will have demonstrated role acumen to support the dynamic and fast-paced department through executive support, effective communication, organization skills and event coordination. The position requires professionalism, reliability, confidentiality with high attention to detail.
Reports directly to the VP of Investor Relations, VP Government Relations and supports the Investor and Public Relations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support on-site and off-site Investor Relations (IR) meetings, conferences and events, including organizing in-person and virtual meetings, meeting room bookings, set-up, presentations, webcasting, conference calls, registration, taking minutes, etc.;
- Maintain databases (IR, analyst);
- Maintain and update the master/department schedules (IR);
- Make and manage travel arrangements;
- Support and participate in the dissemination of press releases;
- Develop and maintain media/photo library;
- Maintain relationships with vendors (printers/couriers, promo product suppliers, photographer);
- Assist with invoice checking/coding, drafting of the annual budget;
- Maintain general department filing (IR drive, external drives, hard copies, analyst reports);
- Prepare documents including emails, forms, letters, and memos;
- Communicate with various stakeholders (analysts, investors, brokers) as required;
- Conduct online research;
- Photocopy, scan, and bind documents;
- Support other department team members in reaching department goals;
- Supports the VP Investor Relations and VP Government Relations in support of corporate objectives as required;
- Provide backup support for reception and other administrative roles, as required; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
Competencies and Requirements
- Relevant College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree (English, Journalism or similar);
- Minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience in a similar role;
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and writing skills) is imperative;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of design software such as In-Design, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop will aid the incumbent in the role and will thus be a definite advantage;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Professional, polished, mature and energetic disposition;
- Demonstrated ability to employ tact, diplomacy and manage stress;
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish considered an asset;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment; and
- Be willing to work outside normal business hours as required.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please note, relocation is not being offered for this position. Please only apply if you are able to start working from the Vancouver office immediately.