New job Intermediate Aquatic Scientist in Yukon
Intermediate Aquatic Scientist
Company : EDI Environmental Dynamics Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Intermediate Aquatic Scientist - Permanent Full-time (Whitehorse, other locations considered)
EDI is an employee-owned company that has been in business for 26 years with offices across western and northern Canada. EDI provides science-based environmental consulting services and products to all major industrial sectors, First Nations, and government.
Why is EDI right for you?
- EDI’s core focus is Aquatic and Terrestrial Biology
- We believe that one of our greatest successes is our unique company structure, where individuals can make a difference by helping people and the environment
- We work on interesting and challenging projects where the learning never stops
We are looking for a driven individual who is ready to take their career to the next level and grow with us. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and complete fieldwork related to water resources (water quality, hydrology, hydrogeology) programs, and/or aquatic ecology
- Client and agency liaison
- Data analysis and reporting
- Work effectively in a team environment to meet goals of the project productively and safely
- A passion for your career
- B.Sc. degree in biology, geography or related discipline(s)
- 5 years of experience in a water resources related discipline
- Proven record of crew lead experience related to water resources
- Must be comfortable working in remote and spectacular locations with limited to no outside support
- Knowledge and experience working with effects assessment (e.g. YESAA) and permitting (Fisheries Act) and effects monitoring (MDMER) considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Registration or eligibility for professional registration (e.g., R.P.Bio, P. Biol, P. Geo). considered an asset
Application deadline – June 18, 2021
At EDI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. EDI believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing environmental company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you are ready for new challenges and a rewarding career experience, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence with EDI2021-015 in the subject line. Only candidates requested for personal interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: EDI2021-015
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19