New job Grants Manager in Nova Scotia
Company : Dalhousie University
Salary : $66,971 - $73,181 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
The Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative (Dallaire Initiative) was established in 2007 by retired Lieutenant-General the Honourable Roméo Dallaire, former Force Commander of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR). Our mission is to develop new strategies and tactics to progressively end the recruitment and use of children as soldiers worldwide. As of April 2020, the Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative has now become the Dallaire Institute for Children, Peace and Security. For more information, please visit https://dallaireinstitute.org/Job Summary
Reporting to, and in support of, the Director of Operations, the Grants Manager will ensure a smooth implementation of Dallaire Institute projects, as well as support new business development for the organization. The Grants Manager will work across multiple teams to ensure effective delivery of projects on schedule and on budget as part of the overall strategic aims of the Dallaire Institute. The Grants Manager will coordinate with a diverse team of colleagues across multiple locations and collaborate with the African Centre of Excellence (ACOE) Project Manager.Key Responsibilities
- Support business development including identifying and engaging with institutional and government donors, coordinating input into proposals, and contributing to, writing, or editing proposals including budget development, in compliance with donor requirements.
- Coordinate with, and support, the Fund Development Manager on the needs required to support philanthropic donor proposal development and reporting needs, including drafting project proposals.
- Track, coordinate and compile all project reporting requirements for donors in coordination with relevant project leads, including reconciling narratives with financial reports.
- Lead new Project Kick-Offs to ignite timely start-ups and work planning and to ensure that project information is shared effectively with relevant staff across the organization (including field offices) and partners.
- Ensure work-planning processes match activity calendars and deliverables are met for each project. Coordinate with the ACOE Project Manager to have alignment across the two offices.
- Capacity building and compliance support with all new and existing partners/ consultants including regular monitoring and systems in place so that partner delivery meets donor expectations and requirements, in collaboration with programme operations.
Once travel restrictions are lifted, occasional travel may be required to international sites.Qualifications
Master’s degree in International Development Studies, Political Science, Commerce, Business Administration, or other related field with considerable years of related experience in successful project delivery and coordination within complex or fragile environments, including delivering and closing projects and communicating with donors and partners (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Must have demonstrated experience managing budgets and multiple administrative and finance tasks in a fast-paced environment, as well as working with large donor contracts ($1M USD Annual budgets) within the philanthropic sector, government, multilateral organizations, or multinational corporations. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite/ Office 365 including Word, Excel, and Project with proficiency in Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams are required. Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills, with French being considered an asset. Must be enthusiastic and take initiative as well as be able to effectively manage their time and be flexible due to conflicting deadlines and competing priorities. Excellent attention to detail is required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to forge relationships at all levels and to work across multiple project teams. Experience working in Africa and strong familiarity and/or positive working relationships with African security sector professionals are highly desired. Experience successfully supporting projects remotely and familiarity with Earned Value Management are highly desired.Additional Information
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a voluntary RRSP, health and dental plans and an employee and family assistance program.Application Consideration
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Diversity Statement
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.