New job Grants Coordinator in Alberta
Company : SAIT
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
A foundational component of SAIT's Facilities Management department is to provides agile, sustainable, integrated operations, facility maintenance, capital planning, design and project delivery to meet the needs of student, faculty and our broader community. Our department vision is to create an environment to inspire, shape and make the future. Our global foundation. We are hiring a Grants Coordinator. Don’t miss out, apply today.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director, Facilities Management, the Grants Coordinator will primarily be responsible for the facilitation and application to municipal, Provincial and Federal grants related to SAIT’s Facility Management infrastructure, assets, equipment, research and industry partnerships. The Grants Coordinator will work alongside facilities and research subject matter experts in Energy, Sustainability, Asset Management, Design, Planning and Development to assist or lead in applications that meet short- and long-term strategic priorities. The Grants Coordinator will have opportunities to collaborate with other departments such as Applied Research and Innovation Services (ARIS) and Facilities Management partners and consultants.
Project applications range in scale from energy efficiency scoping studies and major infrastructure through to sustainable engagement initiatives that support student engagement, mixed use recycling and sustainable curriculum content across SAIT’s curriculum. The Grants Coordinator will also be proficient in authoring decision making communications such as business cases, executive briefing notes, etc. Priority projects will target SAIT’s Energy and Resource Framework, Sustainability Framework and Space optimization.
You are a subject matter expert in the field of green technologies and operate with a forward-thinking initiative. You have strong relationship building skills and will act as a liaison.
Innovation and Change:
- In collaboration with the Facilities Management leadership team, pursue collaborative research, infrastructure and long-term maintenance projects with small, medium enterprises and large industry partners.
- Strategic planning and report writing related to FM foundational strategies including but not limited to the Campus Master Plan and collaborate in establishing Sustainability, Lifecycle Asset Management, Space Optimization, Energy and Resource Frameworks and its supportive documents.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support for innovative, multi-funder project tracking, including capital project/ capital grant project expense allocation, energy conservation investment tracking and maintenance fund tracking across multiple campuses.
Communication & Grant Acquisition:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with representatives from the government and private funding bodies.
- Work with the Facilities Management team to aid in the discovery of new funding opportunities, identify application needs and lead the execution of industry based capital, infrastructure, R&D and technical grant applications as they arise.
- Maintain an awareness and working knowledge of federal and provincial research granting agencies, including program changes and updates.
- Research and identify relevant funding opportunities available through foundations and industry.
- Assists in the review of grant, award and contract applications to ensure files are submitted on time and in compliance with the relevant agency guidelines.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for interdisciplinary student, faculty and institutional research partnerships.
- Timely compilation and analysis of data on the number of applications and success rates of research and scholarship funding applications.
- Reconcile government transfer information and prepare reporting to granting agencies.
- Coordinates with external vendors to obtain documentation and letters of support and quotes for equipment, instrumentation and supplies required by granting agencies.
- Liaise with other technology development, technology transfer and commercialization organizations outside of SAIT.
- Participate in developing SAIT’s sustainability vision alongside the Sustainability Task Force.
- Facilitation and delivery of workshops and events aimed at increasing awareness of relevant funding opportunities and improving success in grant and proposal development.
- Participate in networking activities including project award identification and application, conference presentations, conference attendance and networking opportunities.
- Assist in internal education and networking, creating relationships with SAIT faculty, instructors and students.
- Report good news stories for external and internal communications.
- Liaise with department and institutional stakeholders to support their capital planning and process improvement, aligning prospect initiatives towards meeting institutional priorities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Environmental Studies/ Engineering, Public Policy or Business or equivalent is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a post-secondary or related research environmental. Five (5) years’ experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in grant-writing and research facilitation, ideally in a post-secondary context.
- Seeking emphasis in acquisition of Provincial and Federal grants in areas of research, pandemic recovery grants, business development, resource partnership, institutional infrastructure, sustainable programs and partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work across a wide variety of disciplines and types of research.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to facilitate and coordinate collaborative work among faculty, students and administrators.
- A working knowledge of the Canadian academic funding landscape.
- Strong editing and research budgeting skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize conflicting and competing deadlines.
- Capacity to manage communication with faculty, students and administrators during stressful periods near application deadlines.
- Ability to promote business initiatives
- High Proficiency in MS Office 365, Archibus; Medium Proficiency in Project Management software
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong project management skills seen as an asset including able to scope, task and itemize project workplan, associated costs and execute cost control measures in a timely fashion
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to align objectives to tasks, milestones and metrics.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with superb interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to anticipate, assess and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively work and lead in a changing environment.
- You possess a passion for the work, can demonstrate initiative and have the ability to think and act decisively.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
APT: This position is union exempt in our Administration, Professional and Technical group
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education
Job Type: Permanent