New job General Labourer - Kapuskasing in Ontario
General Labourer - Kapuskasing
Company : American Iron and Metal
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Founded in 1936 in Montreal, Canada, AIM is a private company with multiple sites located in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Europe and Asia. Recognized as a world leader in metal recycling and solder manufacturing for a broad range of industries, we focus on creating high-quality products, setting AIM apart. Our continually expanding company offers many exciting career opportunities, a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent employee benefits program.
American Iron & Metal, a Hamilton based Metal Recycling Yard has an opening for an enthusiastic individual to fill a General Labour position at our AIM Recycling Kapuskasing
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and ensuring the smooth and safe day to day activities in our yard. There are many potential growth opportunities within our organization for a career minded candidate!
Duties Will Include
- Working inside our warehouse and in our outdoor yard
- Sorting, picking, and processing metal pieces
- Operating a tow motor and or forklift on occasion to tip or dump bins
- Cleaning your work area at the end of your shift
- Other general labour/manual duties will apply
- Experience in operating a Forklift
- Experience in metal recycling
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to work in a loud, dusty environment
- Previous recycling experience is considered an asset
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Good physical fitness
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent attendance and safety record.
- Permanent and full-time position;
- 44 hours per week, including some rotating weekend work
- Opportunity for overtime;
What we offer:
- Group insurance after 3 months;
- Group RRSP after 6 months (optional);
- Workwear and work boots provided after 3 months
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. The masculine form is used solely to make the text easier to read. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.