New job Finance Coordinator in Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $4,125 - $5,366 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 11125
Ministry: Justice & Solicitor Genrl
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Regular/Temporary: Ongoing (Regular)
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: June 14, 2021
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Administration 1
The Alberta Crown Prosecution Service (ACPS) prosecutes persons charged with Criminal Code, Youth Criminal Justice Act, and provincial statute offences. The ACPS promotes safe communities by vigorously prosecuting cases involving serious and violent crime and working with individuals and organizations in the community to identify and implement improved and alternative approaches to the administration of criminal justice. In addition, the ACPS develops criminal law policy for the province and supports criminal law consultation with other levels of government.
The Alberta Crown Prosecution Service (ACPS), Operations and Strategic Support branch is looking for a results-oriented individual who can provide support to the Finance Unit with their financial and administrative skills.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning and Operations, you will primarily assist in running financial reports, investigating invoice payments as well as be a divisional contact for 1GX support.
- assist the Finance Unit in the completion of monthly forecasts, tracking project expenses, prepare branch financial reports, review and ensure expenditures are coded appropriately,
- verify office expenses against 1GX reports and conduct variance analysis on a monthly basis,
- maintain records and file documentation for audit purposes,
- ensure financial administrative processes are in place, establish financial administrative protocols and processes,
- liaise with other Crown offices to plan, coordinate, implement financial administrative processes,and
- actively share and communicate direction on financial policies and procedures to Expenditure Officers
This position works closely with Corporate Financial Services and to be successful in this role the candidate must be able to adapt to changes in the financial planning process, be able to work with tight timelines, provide timely and accurate information to the management team to support divisional business operations.
A two-year Diploma in Public Administration, Accounting, Finance or Business with 3 years of related experience in general budgeting concepts, forecasting concepts and trend analysis methodologies is required.
Knowledge and experience in Financial and/or Accounting practices is required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required, especially in Excel.
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience with financial planning, financial analysis, and financial reporting.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
In this role, you will contribute to our team by demonstrating the following behavioral competencies:
- Agility - Must be able to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience, and work effectively in changing environments.
- Creative Problem Solving – Have the ability to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
- Drive for Results - Sets goals and prioritizes work to accomplish them. Follows through on duties and tasks and reports on progress.
- Build Collaborative Environments - Leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
- Systems Thinking - Understands how work contributes to the achievement of departmental goals. Anticipates changes in own area based on activities in other areas.
$2,062.54 to $2,683.10 bi-weekly ($53,832 to $70,028 annually)
Hours of Work for this role are 7.25 hours per day/36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- More information on the Advantages for Working for the Alberta Public Service:
How To Apply
Please do not email your application as you are required to apply online.
To apply online, you will be required to have an online account:
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -
Tips for Applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact: Chantal Nguyen via email: Chantal.Nguyen@gov.ab.ca