New job Finance Agent in Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $3,723 - $4,559 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 11781
Ministry: Justice & Solicitor General
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: June 14, 2021
Classification: Subsidiary 01B 3625 Administrative Support 5
The Ministry of Alberta Justice and Solicitor General helps ensure that all Albertans can live in safe and resilient communities while having access to a fair and innovative justice system. Working alongside its partners in law enforcement, family justice, health, the judiciary, criminal justice system and other stakeholders, the ministry has a direct or shared responsibility in all elements of the justice system in Alberta. Follow the link to see what else we have to offer:
The Family Support Order Services (FSOS) Branch, Justice Services Division helps families achieve their court ordered support obligations. We are committed to providing fair, impartial, supportive, informative and courteous service.
Are you highly motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment? If so, the Maintenance Enforcement Program has an exciting opportunity for you!
Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP), a part of the Family Support Order Services (FSOS) Branch, has opportunities for two highly motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills to provide a wide variety of financial functions within the Revenue Program Support unit.
Responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited too):
- Batching, verifying, posting and reconciling individual file payments
- Performing bank deposits, arranging for transfer of funds, and reconciling the Program's petty cash as needed.
- Analyzing and investigating inconsistencies/inaccuracies relating to banking and client transactions, and determining corrective action
- Analyzing and auditing daily and monthly reports to ensure accuracy and integrity of process financial transactions
- Administering the general ledger accounts
- Preparing financial voucher adjustments
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to provide or obtain client financial information
- Performing accurate filing of financial transactions and reports
- Notifying clients and stakeholders of updated financial and banking information
The successful candidate will have:
- Understanding of general office, accounting and filing principles/practices
- Knowledge of banking practices, generally accepted accounting principles and department records management regulations
- Knowledge of computer based systems and software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Maintenance Information Management System (MIMS), and web-based applications
- Ability to analyze financial/banking information/data accurately and calculating adjustment entries with precision
- Ability to comprehend and interpret financial documents and to make decisions based on relevant factors and individual case facts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to respond to client questions calmly, tactfully and with diplomacy
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume environment
In this role, you will contribute to our team's success by demonstrating the following key Alberta Public Services (APS) competencies:
- Drive for Results to know what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders
- Creative Problem Solving to be proactive in identifying solutions and focusing on continuous improvement
- Develop Networks to connect with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders consistently and ensures their needs are represented in decision-making
- Systems Thinking to recognize the broader impact of your work and to be able to understand broader goals
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable Albertans? If so, apply today!
Please outline your experience as it relates to the qualifications in detail in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
High School diploma with a minimum of three (3) years progressive related experience such as banking environment or claims processing environment is required.
Proficiency with Microsoft word, excel and outlook is also required.
Experience in working with financial documents is an asset.
Equivalencies will be considered on the basis of:
- One year of related education for one year of experience
- One year of related experience for one year of education.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The links below will assist you with understanding competencies:
$1,861.71 - $2,279.37 bi-weekly
Hours of Work: 7.25 hours/day, 36.25 hours/week
There are two (2) temporary positions available.
Temporary End Date – May 16, 2022
This competition may be used to fill both permanent and temporary positions for current and future vacancies within the GoA. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
Final candidates may be required to undergo a security screening.
In your resume, please include dates (including months and years) associated with all education and work experience. Also, please indicate whether your work experience is casual, part-time or full-time. For example: January 15, 2006 - June 25, 2009: (PT three 8 hrs shifts/week).
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs;
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
Online applications are required.
To apply online, you will be required to have an online account:
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Note: Please ensure that your cover letter and resume documents are saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume).
If you require additional information regarding this posting, please contact Katelynn Kelly, Talent Acquisition Administrator via email: Katelynn.Kelly@gov.ab.ca.
Please do not email your application as you are required to apply online.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check