New job Director of Employee Benefits in New Brunswick
Director of Employee Benefits
Company : Department of Finance and Treasury Board
Salary : $7,338 - $8,264 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Director of Employee Benefits
Finance and Treasury Board
Pay Band 8
Flexible Work Location Within New Brunswick
Be part of the solution to deliver a vibrant and sustainable New Brunswick!
The Office of the Chief Human Resource Officer (OCHRO) at the Department of Finance and Treasury Board has a unique and challenging opportunity as Director of Employee Benefits.
Who we are
OCHRO is responsible for the strategic, policy and program framework for the management of human resources across the New Brunswick Public Service (Civil Service, public school system and regional health authorities): recruitment and staffing, talent management, job classification and compensation, labor relations, terms and conditions of employment, safety and wellness, pensions and benefits. We are also responsible for the development and execution of strategic HR priorities, objectives and initiatives to respond to the needs of the Public Service while meeting overall government business objectives.
What you will do
Reporting to the Executive Director, Total Compensation and Benefits, the Director of Employee Benefits will:
- Plan and direct the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of GNB's employee benefit programs;
- Evaluate the employee benefit programs to ensure compliance with governmental regulations, suitability and competitiveness;
- Lead and or participate at the Employee Benefit Program Governing Committees; the Standing Committee on Insured Benefits (SCIB) and the Committee for the Long-Term Disability plan and be responsible for ensuring these governing bodies operate in collaboration and partnership with the Plan Sponsor (Treasury Board committee of Cabinet).
- Develop budgets/policies/procedures to help ensure that the pension and benefit programs are financially sound;
- Advise senior political and administrative officials on pensions and employee benefit programs;
- Act as GNB's primary liaison with benefit carriers, investment managers and benefits consultants;
- Lead a team of 4 employees.
Need to have (Essential qualifications and skills):
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline and a minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English only. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Designations: Foundation of trust management standards; Certified employee benefit specialist (CEBS), Pension plan Administration certification (PPAC) and Group benefits associate (GBA).
- Experience working in an employee benefits environment.
- Some managerial experience.
The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies: Coaching and Team Development, Organizational Awareness, Organizational Commitment, Results Orientation, Relationship Building and Strategic Thinking.
The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Human Resources Management, Knowledge of Applicable Legislation, Financial Acumen, Planning and Organizing Skills and Consulting Skills.
Wage: $3,669 - $4,132 bi-weekly
What can GNB offer you?
- The opportunity to have a truly profound positive impact
- Comprehensive benefits package and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- 1 paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community
- Paid Vacation Benefits
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by June 22, 2021 indicating competition number: 21-FTB-34. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.