New job Coordinator - Emergency Management in Manitoba
Coordinator - Emergency Management
Company : Canadian Red Cross
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Coordinator, Emergency Management. Under the direction of the Provincial Manager, Emergency Management, this individual leads assigned programs and initiatives within the EM mandate, including, but not limited to, volunteer management, preparedness, and response activities, and external relationship building.
In this role, this individual will also promote public awareness of Red Cross programs and services. During response operations, the EM Coordinator will plan, organize, implement and supervise the CRC Level 1 & 2 response teams and services to support affected household and community responses. During large-scale disaster respones, the EM Coordinator will participate as required in business continuity or in the response to support the Provincial Disaster Coordination Team. The EM Coordinator will work to enhance the volunteer experience through identified sourcing, recruitment and engagement campaigns and activities, taking responsibility to building a relationship with volunteers throughout the volunteer cycle, including between responses.
Who you are:
- You possess strong leadership skills – give clear instructions and delegate, make informed decisions, able to problem solve, provide coaching and feedback to volunteers, support team environment
- You work well within a team and are respectful, approachable and build strong relationships within a team.
- You are calm during a crisis and don’t allow emotions to get in the way, don’t take things personal, stay positive, respond decisively and take accountability.
- You have a strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in completing forms, giving information, completing necessary paperwork.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
In this role you will be:
- Responsible to directly support as well as engage teams in volunteer sourcing initiatives to achieve set targets as part of the defined recruitment strategies and tactics;
- Provide volunteers with ongoing supervision, coaching, performance feedback, leadership development, and development planning activities as applicable;
- Participate in the development and preparation of program objectives and work plans as required;
- Supervise and contribute to the development and support the implementation of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs) in accordance with programs standards, including workforce planning;
- In times of small-scale localized responses, supports or leads the set up and operation of responses in community, based on request from EM leadership;
- Play a key role during local, provincial and national disaster and emergency responses as required including Duty Officer coverage as assigned;
- Build partnerships with stakeholders including assigned local and municipal governments representatives, NGOs, police and fire departments as well as community leaders in a continuous effort to enhance response capacity;
- Participates and promotes respectful communication between all personnel and clients to promote a healthy and safe workplace;
- Performs other duties as required.
We’re looking for:
- University degree or community college diploma in one or more of the following disciplines; project management, community development, volunteer management, planning and evaluation or a related field;
- Minimum three (3) years experience at a community-based program level, with demonstrated experience in relationship management and relationship development at community or municipal level.
- Experience in an emergency environment, and/or knowledge of Red Cross role in disaster response, relief and recovery, an asset;
- Ability to mulit-task and successfully manage multiple projects at one time;
- Ability to work well within a team – share information, respectful, approachable, build strong relationships within a team;
- Remain Calm During a Crisis – don’t allow emotions to get in the way, don’t take things personal, stay positive, respond decisively and take accountability
- This position requires a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required and satisfactory vulnerable sector check or a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC);
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a satisfactory drivers’ abstract.
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable. Mobile (remote, home or office) worker arrangements will consider the tools, resources and environment required to be effective and productive;
- Ability to work non-traditional hours is required, including working weekends and evenings occasionally;
- Regular travel, including overnight travel within the province may be required;
- Access to a vehicle may be required in certain locations;
- In times of response, may be called upon to fill roles within the emergency response structure, and may require deployment away from home for periods of several weeks, a local or virtual assignment and/or business continuity activities.