New job Child & Youth Care Counsellor in Northwest Territories

Child & Youth Care Counsellor

Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $92,000 - $111,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories

Full Description

Department Information

The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.

Job Information

Located in Yellowknife, you, the Child and Youth Care Counsellor, reports to the Regional Clinical Supervisor, Mental Health and Addiction Services.

Your position is a part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary approach to the delivery of direct therapeutic services to support the needs of children, youth and their families. You will be a member of the community counselling team and provide integrated and therapeutic mental health and behavioural programming in collaboration with school personal and other health and mental health and social services professionals. You will provide a wide range of services with an emphasis on developing therapeutic relationships with children, youth and their families. During the school year, you will be based primarily in the school, but, in order to align with the needs of children and youth, other locations may include a Community Counselling Program office, client family home or other appropriate community locations.

Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:

  • A Master's degree in Child and Youth Care, Counselling, Clinical Social Work or Education with a focus on therapeutic counselling.

GNWT Inquiries

Inquiries Only:

Health Recruitment
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445

Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.

Apply Now