New job Bilingual Technical Investigator in New Brunswick
Bilingual Technical Investigator
Company : Aviva
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Do you have a desire to be part of the action, to be there first hand, and share your knowledge and expertize with like minded individuals in the field? If so, then Aviva has an exciting role available as a Technical Investigator! We need someone with a strong analytical mind to lead and investigate claims first hand at the scene!
As large loss claims, risks and subrogation concerns are identified by analytics and referrals, the investigator conducts a detailed review to confirm validity of the concerns identified. This means investigating and attending Property loss scenes that relate to commercial, industrial, residential, vehicle fires & explosions as well as investigating all other questionable claims that are referred to Aviva Verify.
What you’ll do
- Case Lead for sophisticated field and non-field desk customer facing investigations.
- Conduct field investigations for both the Claim and Policy concern(s).
- Prepare scope(s) and identify all avenues of investigation
- Prepare and protect sophisticated loss investigations by way of scene continuity
- Attend scenes, investigate and lead all aspects of small and large sophisticated investigations.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with independent specialists assigned to work as an independent entity.
- Liaise with partners on location of loss and establish expectations for joint investigation(s).
- Liaise with claim, underwriting and legal teams.
- Evolve an investigation strategy, gather and analyze facts, manage case files and ensure accurate documentation and collection of physical evidence.
- Work with a detailed understanding of privacy legislation as it relates to the sharing of information with other insurers, law enforcement agencies, government agencies etc.
- Balance multiple projects and set priorities to meet goals in a timely manor.
- Identifying recovery efforts and assist subrogation departments in gathering information to assist in recovery opportunities.
- Conducting in person and telephone interviews.
- Assist stationary investigators with field investigation, as required.
- Ascertain when an investigation is ready for disposition.
- Evaluate evidence sufficiency on an ongoing basis until the authenticity of the issue in question can be resolved.
- Prepare for and participate in presenting a final report for management, including making recommendations on the disposition of the case.
- Prepare and complete a defendable case brief for potential litigation.
- Supervise and coordinate investigations conducted by external specialists.
- Handle sophisticated investigations involving multiple investigators.
- Provide ongoing technical expertise for stationary investigators, including coaching and mentoring on field investigation techniques.
- Attend court as advised and prepare Aviva witnesses for court appearances.
- Identify and deliver preventative fraud benefits.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an investigative field of work, insurance investigation is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with auto, fire and water loss investigative methods, including an understanding of the NFPA 921
- You have experience applying relevant legislation and related documents such as Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- You can collaborate closely and effectively with all parties involved, for example, other insurance companies, public safety officials, fire departments, Police etc.
- Ability to perform initial scene assessments to identify potential hazards including the ability to assess the scope and requirements of the physical investigation.
- This position will also require you to wear the appropriate personal protection equipment provided by Aviva.
- Strong understanding of claims and underwriting processes.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Bilingual in English and French with strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Outspoken and accustomed to challenge and ambiguity.
- Investigative proficiency.
- Strong technical knowledge of automobile and property policies.
- Ability to make confident and objective decisions in matters of high potential for legal precedent.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required.
- Mobility across Canada. Must have ability to travel within Canada and valid driver's license
What you’ll get
- A salary, vacation, bonus opportunity, and retirement savings.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
- Annual fitness and wellness incentive and healthcare benefits.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.