New job Barbeque Cook in New Brunswick
Company : Tide & Boar Gastropub
Salary : $16 - $18 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
We are looking for a professional and experience cook to lead our annual summer barbeque menu. Your work will be an important factor to expand our clientele and reputation to ensure long term success.
The successful candidate will work with our Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to plan, prepare, and deliver the offerings for the barbeque menu which runs from June to September. Although this is a term position, there is potential to lead into a permanent position.
Maintaining impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards in the workplace is incredibly important to your team and our clientele.
· Great cooking skills with a passion and/or experience for barbeque foods including brisket, ribs, and smoked wings.
· Ability to work under the pressure of a busy kitchen, stay calm and work as part of our culinary team.
· Organizational flair
· Ensure all cooking stations are supplied for service
· Prep ingredients for service
· Follow the guidance of the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
· Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
· Proven kitchen experience.
· Experience with a large smoker style barbeque in a professional setting.
· Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
· Knowledge of best cooking practices.
· Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by superiors to meet the standard and quality of the Tide & Boar Gastropub.
· Coordinates daily tasks with the Executive Sous Chef.
· Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
· Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
· Full awareness of the barbeque menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
· Carry out other duties as required by management.
Contract length: 3-4 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-11
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
Employee will be required to wear a mask while on shift until the government mandates on Covid-19 have ended.
- Culinary: 3 years (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)