New job Agent Relations Specialist in Saskatchewan
Agent Relations Specialist
Company : Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Salary : $4,442 - $5,306 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
Agent Relations Specialist
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
Open Until Filled
Category of work
Hours of Work
Non-Regulated (144 hours)
$2,221.04 - $2,652.96 bi-weekly
Temporary Market Stipend
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
72 total hours per biweekly pay
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Reporting to the Manager, International Education, the Agent Relations Specialist (ARS) is the international student recruitment pivot that ensures agents/partners are supported in the work they do to achieve Sask Polytech’s international student recruitment goals. The ARS will facilitate communication, mitigate gridlock, educate, inform, train, analyze trends and uphold the institution’s reputation by ensuring that the agents/partners are performing optimally. The ARS works closely with the International Student Advisors, International Enrolment Advisors, Foreign Credential Assessment Unit, Data Analysts, the Communications and Marketing Consultant, and the Registrar’s Office.
Some of the main responsibilities are:
- Manages all activities and Saskatchewan Polytechnic partnerships relating to its international student recruitment agents and overseas regional representatives.
- Cultivates and maintains solid, loyal relationships with Saskatchewan and Canadian focused recruitment channels including education agents, government organizations and sponsoring organizations, feeder institutions, articulation partners, etc.
- Attend national and international agent conferences and recruitment events.
- Gather information and data, and develop reports on potential markets for recruitment, market trends and potential risks, and recruitment initiatives.
- Recruit, organize, analyze, evaluate and retain educational agents.
- Negotiate agent contracts and review the commission structure.
- Create and maintain agent web portal, agent manual and related training materials.
- Support and coordinate the development of marketing and communication on social media accounts, recruitment materials, institutional website, online marketing platforms.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. three years’ progressive and recent/relevant experience in admissions, marketing, recruitment in a post-secondary institution in Canada.
3. Knowledge of emerging markets and trends for international student recruitment.
4. knowledge of education systems in key markets
5. Exceptional communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
6. Exceptional Computer skills using a variety of software program, applications and internet tools.
7. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
8. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
9. Demonstrated ability to multi-task each day handling large volumes of work in fast paced environment with continual interruptions while all the time maintaining a high level of concentration and customer service focus.
10. Knowledge and understanding of IRCC policies and procedures.
11. Demonstrating intercultural competence
Job Type: Full-time