New job Accounting Assistant in Nova Scotia
Company : O’Regan Motors Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
What makes O'Regan's Automotive Group such a great place to work? Safety first! Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff, clients and community. Not to mention our spacious and immaculate facilities and excellent leadership. O'Regan's is one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies that is committed to being Canada's premier automotive needs provider and we believe it is our employees who will take us there. We are seeking a well-organized candidate to join our team as an Accounting Assistant.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- Strictly adhering to protocols set by our governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals
- Providing hand sanitizing stations, disinfectant wipes, masks and gloves for employee use
- Enhanced cleaning procedures by our dedicated cleaning team
- Implementing pre-screening questions for customers prior to booking appointments
- Background in accounts payable and receivable
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Well organized and reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients
- A good work ethic and a positive attitude
- Preparating, printing and issuing invoices, and entering information into the accounts receivable ledger.
- Distributing statements to customers and collecting outstanding receivables
- Maintaining accurate and up to date accounts receivable sub-ledgers and performing monthly account reconciliations.
- Assisting with the tracking of various dealership expense accounts and coordinate certain rebate claims on behalf of the dealership.
- Assisting with the compilation and filing of information relating to vehicle sales, specifically related to used vehicles.
- Processing information related to work performed by the service department.
- Completing various reconciliations and account summaries at the direction of the office manager.
- Assisting the office manager with the performance of other daily, weekly and monthly accounting routines.
- Managing motor vehicle information - customer/ demo/dealer plates.
- Collecting gas receipts and balance to vendor invoices.
- Completing the daily deposit, including mailing cheques and balancing the corporate credit card.
- Preparing cheques on demand.
- Executing administrative duties in support of the Dealerships operations, such as managing mail, courier packages, conference room bookings and supporting the CEO as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Company RSP matching program
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have what it takes to complete detailed work in a fast paced and customer focused environment, please apply today at www.oregans.com/careers!