New job Supply Management Professional in Alberta
Supply Management Professional
Company : Canadian Natural
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Supply Management Professional- (2110289)
We have an opening for a keen problem solver who is innovative, strategic and detail orientated. If this sounds like you, keep reading! As a Supply Management Professional at Canadian Natural you will be responsible for supporting the operational activities of Canadian Natural’s Conventional, Thermal and Oil Sands production. The successful candidate will have the chance to gain exposure to all phases of the sourcing cycle including Request for Proposals (RFP)/ Request for Quotations (RFQ), proposal evaluations, awards, contract formation and contract administration. Be a part of a team who drives change and looks for continuous improvements!
- Collaboration with the business areas to understand their requirements and develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies while focusing on the consolidation of requirements and contracts across the organization
- Manage the end-to-end contracting life cycle from Request for Proposal (RFP) through to award and then post award contract management and close out
- Negotiate and award agreements and contracts to contractors and /or suppliers to ensure services and materials are provided to Canadian Natural in the most cost effective and proficient manner possible
- Conduct market research and analysis; build and maintain strong network in the market; be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market
- Constructively challenge the business demand and/or procurement practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization. Identify opportunities through the evaluation of supply management arrangements and make recommendations with the intent of adding more value to Canadian Natural
- Liaise with legal, risk, finance, accounting, internal client business area and other stakeholders to ensure that agreement and contract terms address all related requirements and policies
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- This is a 12-month temporary assignment
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically, 10+ years of contract management experience with a university degree or related post-secondary education
- Familiarity with and understanding of: category Management, contract formation & administration, RFP development (services & materials), bid evaluation & negotiations
- Internal customer service including understanding requirements, explaining processes, developing buy-in, clear and complete scopes of work and effective negotiation strategies
- Desire to pursue or completion of a Supply Chain Management Professional designation is considered an asset
- Experience with contract management systems and/or JD Edwards
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural’ - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is April 27, 2021. Apply now!