New job Senior eLearning Product Programmer (Sr ELPP) in New Brunswick
Senior eLearning Product Programmer (Sr ELPP)
Company : Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
You have a passion for leading and developing the design and visual content of eLearning projects. You enjoy working cohesively with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and produce high quality, high impact, online courseware.
- Assist in creating and maintaining all project-related support documentation, such as functional specifications, standard operating procedures, best practices, checklists, style guides and templates and ensure they are followed and maintained. Before a deviation from the development process or standards can occur, Senior Developers are to be consulted so they can provide recommendations as well as quantifying risks.
- Provide input on technologies and tools that will improve the development of courseware, and keep abreast of current trends, technologies, and techniques. Participate in authorized R&D activities if required.
- Ensure training of all development staff is conducted for current software and applications or updates to current tools, as well as changes to development processes and standards. Identify training requirements and relevant tutorials if available for development team during downtime.
- Develop and deliver any required training as appropriate.
- Mentor Interns and new developers when necessary.
- Work with Project Managers to task Developers that are experiencing downtime when other schools require extra resources to meet a deadline.
- While supporting the key tasks identified above, the Senior ELPP will also be requested to perform the following sub-tasks on an as and when requested basis:
- Organize and chair Developer team meetings when required, ensuring that meeting minutes are posted, and all individuals follow through with assigned action items.
- Plan and execute technical solutions that may exceed the capabilities of others on the development team, or when Developers do not have the time to dedicate to the task due to project timelines.
Provide direction and support to projects in the areas of:
- Trends and Theories
- Document the above items to communicate information goes to all ELPPs and kept up-to-date and incorporate new trends and developments into its processes.
- Provide direction for training to individual ELPPs/3D GPs, 3D A or groups of IDs to fill performance gaps or to implement new design trends.
- Assist in Communication of policy and process to new ELPPs. When required ensure that new contractors are introduced to team and process/standards are presented as part of INDOC.
- Identify any ELPP performance issues.
- Provide input in allocation of ELPP resources.
- Provide consultation and/or developer expertise to clients, project managers, management, visitors as required.
- Provide consultation, presentations, demonstrations and development expertise to visitors and clients as required.
- Must have a University degree (in any field) or a College diploma (in any field)
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in the last ten (10) years as a project lead developer.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in the last five (5) years managing developer/programmer teams.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must be able to obtain and retain Secret Security Clearance with the Government of Canada
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….