New job Project Manager in Yellowknife, NT
Company : Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yellowknife, NT
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We currently have an opening for a Project Manager in our Yellowknife office.
As an experienced Project Manager you will join our environmental team in Northwest Territories developing client relationships and supporting our expanding range of project work. You have a background in environmental science, and bring experience managing multi-disciplinary projects and navigating regulatory process in NT.
You are looking for an opportunity to grow, have an entrepreneurial mind set and are motivated by team development and problem-solving. Ideally working from our offices in Yellowknife, NT, or Vernon, BC, we are open to discussing alternative locations for candidates who can demonstrate success working from a distance and are willing to travel, as necessary.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Generating new business opportunities and maintaining client relationships, focusing on the transportation, mining, and government sectors.
- Leading multi-disciplinary and complex projects, including study design, regulatory process, field planning and data analysis.
- Managing projects, including budget and schedule management, client liaison, safety planning, technical leadership and project team coordination.
- Writing work plans and proposals, technical reports, and communications for non-technical audiences.
- Supporting the development of the team and mentoring staff.
- Developing a network of sub-consultants and partners.
- Collaborating with a dynamic team of environmental scientists and engineers across various geographies.
What you will bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science).
- Project management experience with 8+ years of experience in consulting.
- Strong knowledge of the Northern markets, including key client sectors and regulatory process.
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills.
- Experience in aquatic science, hydrology, environmental assessment and permitting is considered an asset.
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, you can forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Rebekka Lindskoog (firstname.lastname@example.org); please include the position title and location in the subject line. If you wish to be considered for other similar positions, please create an account and apply through our application system. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.