New job Programs Advisor in Northwest Territories
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $88,000 - $106,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Northwest Territories Housing Corporation provides access to adequate, suitable and affordable housing through the provision of housing programs and services based on need.
This position is located in the Housing Corporation's Beaufort Delta District Office. The incumbent reports to the Manager, Programs. The duties of the position have an impact on the Beaufort Delta District Office, Local Housing Organizations, Community Governments, GNWT Regional Offices, Financial Institutions, and individual Corporation clients and supports the economic and job development within the district.
The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of housing programs in up to eight (8) communities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpreting, analyzing, planning, and organizing data/information skills. Financial management skills, including budgeting and accounting and related skills or experience in an educational environment. This level of knowledge is normally acquired through a University degree in Social Sciences, Education or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of government structure, policies and programs and services
- Working knowledge in computer software application using PC software, ACCESS, MS Word, Excel and Windows
- Strong negotiating and advisory skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to communicate effectively in meetings and through presentations in a workshop setting
- Ability to operate effectively in cross-cultural environment
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Post secondary diploma in the area of Social Sciences or Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years related working experience; or Post secondary studies with five (5) years related work experience.
Related work experience includes: Banking, Lending, Program Administration, Social Work, and Education.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.