New job Pharmaceutical Inventory Assistant in Ontario
Pharmaceutical Inventory Assistant
Company : York Region
Salary : $28.02 - $30.44 an hour
Location : Ontario
Reporting to the Manager, Infectious Diseases Control is responsible for providing a supportive role, working with the Registered Pharmacy Technicians (RPhT) and Public Health Pharmacist to ensure safe and accurate distribution, transportation and delivery of large volumes of publicly-funded vaccines in York Region; assisting in the management of vaccine distribution supplies in accordance with all relevant Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) standards, protocols, guidelines, objectives and current pharmaceutical industry standards.
- Prepares pre-conditioned coolers strictly following specific guidelines, pack coolers with vaccines for delivery, and utilize the refrigerated vehicle to transport publicly-funded vaccines and other pharmaceutical products.
- Delivers vaccines and other pharmaceutical products from the York Region Public Health (YRPH) vaccine depot to YRPH sub-offices, YRPH community immunization clinics, and health care provider offices, as needed.
- Picks-up vaccine orders from the Ontario Government Pharmaceutical and Medical Supplies Services (OGPMSS)
- Manages non-pharmaceutical inventory materials and supplies including bio-hazardous material
- Utilizes inventory system to track and manage program assets and perpetual supply stock needs.
- Performs cycle counting of non-pharmaceutical inventory.
- Supports vaccine distribution by accurately picking publicly-funded vaccines from the vaccine depot and refrigerators, checking the expiry dates and lot numbers, and referring to the vaccine order requisition to fill vaccine orders.
- Participates in cycle counting with vaccine inventory staff.
- Ensures that vaccine distribution and storage equipment such as purpose-built refrigeration units and coolers are cleaned according to Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) standards and maintained in good repair.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensures that services provided meet Regional customer service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Program, Divisional, Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a High School Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in drug inventory and supply management.
- Knowledge of OPHS Vaccine Storage and Handling Protocol.
- Demonstrated good communication skills to provide high quality customer service to clients.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies for this level.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and inventory systems.
- Demonstrated positive customer service skills in responding to customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by April 26, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.