New job Operation Supervisor in Alberta
Company : GardaWorld
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
We are currently hiring an Operation Supervisor for Edmonton, Alberta.
Your mission at GardaWorld:
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be in charge of the Cash Services Messenger team. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the work of your teams and ensuring customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a passionate leader who will be able to establish great relationships with his/her unionized employees.
GardaWorld, Cash Services, is the #1 supplier of cash services in North America and offers you the opportunity of an exciting career.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Permanent position
- Rotation Schedule every 3 months
- Be part of a dynamic team
- On-site parking
- International company offering many career opportunities
On a typical day you will:
- Plan, organize, and manage the work of your employees and ensure customer satisfaction
- Investigate to verify and resolve customers and shippers complaints
- Serve as a contact person for all workers from assigned territories
- Implement schedule and policy changes
- Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and computer use
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members
- Participate in disciplinary process or settlements of grievances.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members respect administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets
- Collaborate with other supervisors and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee or schedule changes
- Conduct investigations, when necessary, in cooperation with internal or external agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures
Your profile :
- 5 years’ experience in administration and management of unionized employees
- Available to work on an afternoon and evening schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Health and Safety management experience
- Working knowledge of WCB reporting process
- Possession acquisition license (PAL) If none, contingent of passing all necessary security clearance + courses provided
- Driven by offering exceptional customer service
- Sense of urgency, outstanding communication and problem solving
- Strong teamwork and partnership orientation
- Mechanical and/or electrical inclination is an asset