New job Occupational Therapist in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $80,913 - $93,848 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill 1(one) Term Full-time position working 75 hours bi-weekly
This competition will also be used to fill other vacancies Permanent full time, part-time and Term Positions. All positions are based out of Community Care and provide services to Residents/Clients in their homes, no matter whether their homes are in a Long Term Care home, or in a house or apartment.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to provide clinical care services for residents/clients (Long Term care and Home Care) with physical, cognitive, social and/or emotional impairments.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing direct care and consultations to enhance, maintain, improve, or restore the ability to participate in meaningful self-care, leisure, and productive activities. The Occupational Therapist plans, directs, delivers, and evaluates services through direct assessment, interventions, consultations, and assignment of task components to Therapy Assistants. This position also provides training to Continuing Care staff.
Who we are
Yukon’s Department of Health and Social Services aims to promote, protect, and enhance the well-being of Yukon people through a continuum of quality, accessible, and appropriate health and social services.
Continuing Care’s philosophy is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
For more information about this position, please contact: Alison Sisson, Supervisor, Community Care at (867) 393-6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about our generous benefit package or about applying on a Health and Social Services competition, please contact: Lisa Wallace, Human Resources Consultant (867) 332-3624 or email@example.com
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment
Link to create your account to apply: here
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Experience as an Occupational Therapist providing assessments and treatments in a community environment and a long term care setting is an asset
- Experience supervising support staff is an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate individual and group programs
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict management and communication skills
- Ability to supervise and provide leadership for support staff
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage a diverse caseload.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with an emphasis on Yukon First Nation’s culture
Conditions of Employment: current registration with a Canadian occupational therapy regulatory body, valid Class 5 driver’s licence, WHMIS 2015,RCMP security clearance with Vulnerable Sector, CPR level C (issued within the last 6 months), and TB screening
Job Requirements: Travel within the territory.