New job Managed Pressure Drilling Engineer in Calgary, AB
Managed Pressure Drilling Engineer
Company : Opla Energy Ltd.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Calgary, AB
Who we are
Headquartered in Calgary with operations centers in Nisku, Alberta and Odessa, Texas, Opla Energy is service-focused and caters to clients’ needs with modern, automated intelligent Managed Pressure Drilling Technology to optimize efficiencies and reduce drilling costs.
Our business is based on cooperative teamwork - from our founding management team to our dedicated, loyal and professional crews in the field. As a private company, we make decisions based on our corporate values; we provide a collaborative, open and relaxed work environment where respect for one another is key and every voice is heard. We work hard and are dedicated to a forward-thinking, well-planned and well-supported company, passionate about growing a safe and successful future for our people and our clients.
Opla is currently looking to add a Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Engineer to its team. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager and be based out of Calgary, AB.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Opla.
- 12-hour day and/or night shifts supervising MPD operations from the real-time operating center (RTOC) and providing support to on-site personnel.
- Manage all aspects of project preparation, proposals and programs for MPD wells.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of technical presentations and reports of complex MPD topics and projects.
- Active role in assisting sales group with client meetings, presentations, and technical support.
- Active role in assisting R&D group by providing operational expertise to drive development of Opla’s proprietary software and equipment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered, or ability to register, with APEGA as an E.I.T or P.Eng.
- Previous experience in oilfield (3+ years) drilling related or MPD operations.
- Shift work will be required, working from the RTOC in Calgary’s downtown location (12 hour).
- Willing to travel as required. Occasional travel to remote locations or outside of country may be required.
- Good communication, interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Willingness to learn and ability to work well within a team.
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize workloads.
- Experience with programming languages (Python, QT, QML, C++) is considered an asset but not required.
How To Apply
We provide a dynamic working environment that encourages professional growth, and personal development opportunities for career advancement. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter (optional).
We want to thank everyone for applying, however, only applicants that possess the required knowledge and experience will be considered for the position.