New job line cook in Canmore, AB
Company : Clique Hotels & Resorts
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Canmore, AB
Some of the job duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain clean workstation Reports to the Chef de partie / Sous chef
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef and prepare the necessary food items
- Maintain an environment of respect, integrity and teamwork
- Adhere to recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food
- Will operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and Alberta government Food Safety guidelines.
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie/ Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for the basic operations of his/her station for short periods when required in the absence of the chef de partie
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Ensures FIFO.
- Maintain respectful work environment demonstrating integrity and teamwork
- Adhere to recipes and specifications
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-4 years cooking experience
- Valid Health & Safety Certificate
- Red Seal Certificate or Journeyman’s papers an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, push, pull, and kneel with ease.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays