New job Junior Accountant – Assurance (Non-Audit) in Nanaimo, BC
Junior Accountant – Assurance (Non-Audit)
Company : Smythe
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nanaimo, BC
JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT - ASSURANCE (NON-AUDIT) - NANAIMO
At Smythe LLP, we believe that each staff member is an individual and that your career path is driven by your own ambition. We provide year-round coaching and mentorship and offer a diverse learning environment for motivated individuals with a positive team-based approach.
Smythe is a member of Allinial Global, and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. We are proud to have led hundreds of students over the years to become successful accountants.
Smythe welcomes candidates available for a full-time articling position within our Non-Audit practice group at our Nanaimo Office. Please note that you must have all your prerequisites completed to start the CPA program.
During your articling experience with Smythe, you will:
- Work closely with a dedicated coach to guide you in your professional development and individual career growth;
- Accomplish the proficiency to complete compilations and various tax compliance engagements for private companies;
- Attain the knowledge to prepare corporate, personal and other tax returns;
- Work directly with clients including CEOs, CFOs and directors to develop strong client relationships;
- Receive comprehensive training and support towards your academic and professional success; and
- Gain valuable skills and experiences to assist with reaching your full career potential.
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Yearly wellness fund
- Three weeks paid vacation
- A kitchen that is fully stocked with gourmet coffee, healthy snacks, and fruit and veggies
- An active social committee that coordinates firm-wide social events. From Friday Afternoon Socials (FAS) to celebrating holidays, this group is all about bringing our people together.
- A wellness committee that is committed to bringing employee health and wellness to the Firm by promoting and supporting physical and mental health.
- A sustainability and community committee that focuses on coordinating initiatives that allow us to give back to our community and make the Firm more sustainable.
- Sports teams – from baseball to soccer to dodgeball, you’re sure to find something to get involved in!
Please submit your resume, cover letter and transcript in one PDF file.
We thank you for your interest and application, and regret that we are unable to interview all candidates.