New job Financial Analyst in Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $4,564 - $5,987 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 9101
Ministry: Justice & Solicitor General
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: April 20, 2021
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Finance 2
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- providing Input and recommendations to the development, implementation, and communication of Ministry accounting and financial policies and procedures
- using initiative and creativity to develop new approaches to collecting, analyzing, and reporting Information to Ministry clients, and to identify issues and develop solutions associated with manual and systems-related processes affecting Ministry internal financial controls
- participating in teams and working groups concerned with accounting and financial reporting issues and initiatives; and
- producing reports and recommendations for senior Branch representatives
The successful candidate will also:
- provide consultation, guidance, and advice relating to financial and accounting issues and explain associated legislation, guidelines, and financial requirements to Ministry representatives.
- interpret legislation, guidelines and Government and Ministry financial requirements. identify sensitive issues and recommend appropriate responses and recommendations
- identify sensitive issues and recommend appropriate responses and recommendations
- manage and prioritize demanding tasks having competing and tight deadlines while paying close attention to detail
- work independently as well as contribute effectively in a team environment
University graduation in a related field (Accounting, Finance) plus some related experience required; or equivalent as described below.
Equivalency: Related diploma plus 3 years directly related experience.
Experience with 1GX
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including manipulating spreadsheets
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Agility: Makes decisions and takes action even when there is not enough clarity to predict the consequences with certainty. Includes a back-up plan in case predictions are incorrect
•Drive for Results: Factors in the complexity of issues, and strategically aligns decisions and plans based on values, outcomes and broader organizational needs
- Build Collaborative Environments: Uses own enthusiasm and commitment to higher-level goals to motivate and guide others to achieve results
- Systems Thinking: Considers how own work impacts the work of others and team success. Observes how the work of others impacts own work
•Creative Problem Solving: Accesses resources, information and technology from other areas, and uses it to analyze issues, resolve problems and improve performance
$2,281.95 to $2,993.39 bi-weekly
This competition may be used to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies at the same or lower classification level across the Government of Alberta.
Hours of work:36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs;
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Tips for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only the most suitable candidate(s) will be selected from this competition.