New job Executive Director in Dawson City, YT
Company : Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government
Salary : $137,183 a year
Location : Dawson City, YT
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Executive Director - Term
Department: Executive, Governance and Operations
Posting Date: April 9, 2021
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: 3 Year Term with possible extension
Salary: Level 13 ($137,183.44 annually)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Council, the Executive Director is responsible for leading, planning, managing and implementing Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in programs, services, policies and legislation. The position is also responsible for the provision of administrative expertise and overall direction to the senior management team including but not limited to; Finance and Capital, Heritage, Tr'inke Zho Daycare, Human Resources, Education and Training, Natural Resources, Communications, Implementation, Housing and Infrastructure and Wellness. The position is responsible for monitoring and ensuring that Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in programs remain within established budgets by maintaining a close working relationship with the senior management team and Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Council. The position is also responsible for effective liaison, on behalf of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Council, with officials of the Federal, Territorial, Provincial Governments and other agencies in support of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in strategic plans, goals and objectives. The Executive Director leads, oversees and manages the Executive, Governance, and Operations Department, is actively engaged and oversees TH Economic Development initiatives as well as the implementation of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in’s Final and Self-Government Agreements.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or transferable degree or equivalent of a minimum of 4 years of experience working with First Nations governments at a senior level; An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Sound knowledge of government program requirements and specifically, First Nation government program requirements.
- Understanding or knowledge of TH Final and Self Government Agreements.
- Experience with high level staff supervision and general management.
- Knowledge of Federal and Territorial Government programs, regulations and procedures.
- Good knowledge of funding agencies and associated requirements.
- Experience conducting or participating in negotiations.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Ability to plan, direct, develop, implement and evaluate programs, policies and procedures.
- Experience in conflict management, mediation and problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of TH social structure, traditions, language and cultural values preferred.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion, tact, diplomacy, compassion and good judgment at all times under demanding circumstances and in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to make difficult decisions exercising cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a management team in a leadership role.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, citizens, general public.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and motivate people.
Conditions of Employment:
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in personnel. Failure to meet this requirement could result in dismissal.
- Criminal Record Check (fingerprint) with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Attendance at General Assemblies is a mandatory requirement.
- Willingness to work a flexible work-schedule to accommodate the needs of the position.
- Willingness to travel outside the community as required.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clear driver’s abstract.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“To work together, to speak with one voice and to serve Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Citizens in the pursuit of a strong, healthy, and united future.”
For more information, contact Human Resources
Phone: (867) 993-7100 – EX: 126 or 170
Fax: (867) 993-6553
Mail: Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
Contract length: 36 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $137,183.44 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place