New job Deputy Operations Manager in British Columbia
Deputy Operations Manager
Company : Canadian Red Cross
Salary : $33.02 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Salary: $33.02/ hr
Location : Cranbrook (flexible in West Kootenays) and Prince George
Duration: 6 months Temporary Full-Time
Do you want to make a difference? Emergency Management is recruiting a Deputy Operations Manager.
The Deputy Operations Manager will organize, coordinate and align services within the geography and across Provinces engaged in similar operations and will serve as a key liaison person for external partners, agencies, and government. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure operational plans are implemented in the geographies with as much consistency as possible, budgets are monitored and projections are prepared, submitted and implemented as required. The Deputy Operations Manager, through coordination and consultation with Provincial & National EM, will recommend and implement approved changes to the client service delivery model to ensure programs are client-focused and of high quality. They will provide leadership, coordination and/or supervision and direction to Site Teams, Virtual Operations, Systems and other focal or SME leads to ensure a consistent and coherent direction and practices in the delivery of services and in accordance with the Service Delivery Framework, the CRCS Fundamental Principles and the Mission.
Who you are
- You are adaptive - you can switch to the needs of the program and the team and be able to oversee multiple sites as needed
- You are a self-starter and independent - you can work with minimal guidance within assigned responsibilities in sometimes stressful situations
- You are results-oriented – you pride yourself in getting things done; enjoy working in a team that is highly productive and you take personal initiative
- You have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to use MS office
- You have strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact effectively and build on-going relationships with diverse groups of volunteers, staff and stakeholders
- You have strong leadership, people management and conflict resolution skills
- You have the ability to build strong relationships, working collaboratively at all levels of the organization;
You will enjoy:
- Culture : an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity : to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Meaningful Work: you have an impact at the individual and community level across Canada with the opportunity to grow and learn at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a University Degree in Disaster Management, Emergency Management, Social Services or community Development and/or an equivalent experience;
Minimum 4-6 years experience in a management position;
Experience with the Red Cross and a leadership role in a minimum of one relief or recovery operation;
Experience in managing teams
Epidemic or Pandemic operations is an asset
Experience in client-facing work that includes emergency social services or case management is an asset;
Understanding of Red Cross role in disaster response and recovery, an asset
Knowledge of pandemic response operations, an asset
Knowledge of community resiliency and capacity building practices, an asset
The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable. Mobile (remote, home, or office) worker arrangements will consider the tools, resources, and environment required to be effective and productive
Ability to work non-traditional hours is required, including working weekends and evenings.
Regular travel, including overnight travel in Canada, may be required.
If working in a response site, health and safety considerations will be outlined prior to the assignment
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.