New job Coordinator - Residential Services in Yukon
Coordinator - Residential Services
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $76,874 - $89,135 a year
Location : Yukon
Coordinator Residential Services
This posting will be used to fill a permanent Full time Position.
Reporting to the Manager, Disability Services at the Social Services Branch, the Coordinator Residential Services is responsible for coordinating and managing residential placement services for adults with disabilities.
- Works closely with approved home caregivers, contracted residential facility staff and the Disability Services Team to develop, implement, and monitor appropriate residential plans for clients.
- Coordinates, and chairs, the Adult Residential Review Committee, which reviews and considers a client’s suitability for specific residential support programs.
- Recruits, evaluates, monitors and supports new approved home caregivers in providing residential placements for individuals with disabilities.
- Conducts needs analysis designed to anticipate future requirements for the design and development of residential programs.
The ideal applicant will have a Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology or a related field. They will also have experience working with individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability; experience working with contracts; and experience working with residential caregivers. To be successful in this role you will be organized and motivated, have strong ethical problem-solving skills, will have strong time management skills, will work from a strong consultative approach and be a relationship builder, and able to work collaboratively and transparently. The ideal applicant will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where they will often encounter competing priorities and deadlines.
For more information about this position, please contact: Wendy McIntire-Cowx, Manager, Disability Services at email@example.com or (867) 667-8843.
For information about applying on a Health and Social Services competition, please contact Human Resources Consultant, Susan Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (867) 456-6087
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume:
- Bachelor of Social Work degree or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Criminology or related field
- Three years' experience working with individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability
- Experience working with Contracts
- Experience working with residential caregivers
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong ethical problem solving skills
- Strong time management, organizational and motivational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and transparently from a robust consultative approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines
Conditions of Employment
- Copy of Bachelor of Social Work, Psychology or Criminology degree or degree in related field
- Valid Class 5 Driver's Licence
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance
- Periodic travel outside of the Territory may be required
- Position may be exposed to critical, unpredictable and highly emotionally charged case situations