New job Coordinator- Emergency Management in Ontario
Coordinator- Emergency Management
Company : Canadian Red Cross
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a permanent full time Coordinator-Emergency Management.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, GTA, the Coordinator, Emergency Management will develop and coordinate all aspects to provide support to the Emergency Management program within GTA area.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Meaningful Work: have an impact at the individual and community level across Canada with the opportunity to grow and learn at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: comprehensive cost shared health and dental plan, and competitive vacation entitlements
- Flexibility: alternative work arrangements
Who you are:
- You are adaptive - you can switch to the needs of the program and the team
- You are a self-starter and independent - you can work with minimal guidance within assigned responsibilities in sometimes stressful situations
- You are results-oriented – you pride yourself in getting things done; enjoy working in a team that is highly productive and you take personal initiative
- You have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to use MS office
- You have strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact effectively and build on-going relationships with diverse groups of volunteers, staff and stakeholders
- You develop, coordinate and implement the delivery of Emergency Management (EM) services/initiatives within the GTA.
- You build and support a volunteer structure for professional and timely delivery of local disaster response at PDA (Personal Disaster Assistance) and community levels in in disaster preparedness and response.
- You guide the development of local response processes and team expertise to ensure program adherence to National operational procedures, processes and accountability requirements.
- You seek opportunities to expand current program delivery (e.g., Agreements with municipal governments, growth of community teams).
- You liaise with community agencies/organizations regarding Emergency Management related services/initiatives to foster mutual understanding, coordination and partnership
- You provide on-site support to maintain the program supplies, assets and fiscal adherence to the program standards
- You support the EM program in a variety of roles during response and times of disaster/emergency
- You support the Duty officer role on a rotational basis in the EM program
Your Education and Experience:
- You have a post-secondary education in a related field.
- You have a minimum of 1-3 years experience as well as working and supervising volunteers
- The majority of the work is in an environment which is clean and comfortable
- You are able to travel throughout the region
- You can work non-traditional hours, and be on-call and respond to emergency/disaster related requests
This position requires a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required or a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC); vulnerable sectors check, a valid driver's license with a satisfactory drivers’ abstract
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.