New job Construction Surveyor in St. John's, NL
Company : Farrell's Excavating Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : St. John's, NL
Farrell’s Excavating Ltd. has operated on the Avalon Peninsula for over 25 years. The company started small and has worked to become one of the largest asphalt and gravel suppliers in the province. Civil roadworks are our focus and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and Municipalities are our main customers. We are continuously growing our team as the company expands.
Farrell’s has and will be expanding its fleet of GPS indicate, GPS robotic and mmGPS robotic machine control heavy equipment. These systems require RTK GPS/mm transmitter units to be set up and running during the entirety of a piece of machinery’s operation. To correctly maintain and utilize this equipment, a successful hire would need to be able to adapt to a rapidly evolving digital environment on many heavy civil construction projects.
Education & Experience:
· Post-secondary education in a heavy construction-related trade (Civil, Geomatics, etc.).
· 2+ years experience in heavy civil surveying from project conceptualization to close-out.
· Professional utilization of GPS and mm surveying hardware.
· Professional construction survey experience including but not limited to site set-up, stake-lathe layout, existing conditions data gathering, as-built survey, and data management.
· Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3d in both 2d and 3d environments.
· Excellent file/data management skills.
· Standard knowledge in MS office, pdf editors, file management and other standard office software.
· Able to fully read and interpret project plans and specifications.
· Ability to work outdoors from 7am to 6pm, 11 days bi-weekly.
· Must possess a valid Class 5 driver licence and provide a clean driver abstract.
· Ability to travel outside of St. John’s, possible for up to 10 days. Vehicle/accommodations provided.
· Create basic 3d models within Autodesk Civil 3d from various sources.
· Set up GPS and mm transmitter units from geodetic monuments, using Topcon hardware.
· Conduct field surveys that accurately represent site conditions throughout the construction process.
· Layout of standard construction projects using traditional methodology and using real-time 3d elements.
· Import/export data for machine control and field survey layout following a standard across all projects.
· Assess issues with GPS machine control systems and implement repairs. Diagnostics may include voltage testing and running code on the hardware.
· Compute results in Civil 3d for bulk earthworks analysis on stockpiles, the progress of active construction sites and quarry operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Surveying: 2 years (preferred)