New job Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III) in British Columbia
Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III)
Company : Metro Vancouver
Salary : $3,670 - $4,312 a month
Location : British Columbia
Department: Parks & Environment
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 15 $1,834.98 - $2,156.15 bi-weekly
Our Parks & Environment Department is seeking an Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III) who will be responsible for a variety of complex administrative and clerical duties.
You are: A quick learner, detail-oriented, have the ability to work with limited supervision, and thrive working in a team environment.
- Performs complex clerical and secretarial duties for a superior and/or the superior's subordinates, arranges appointments and meetings, interviews callers, processes highly confidential material, prepares routine correspondence and relieves a superior of minor administrative detail.
- Assembles, collates and types from shorthand dictation, rough draft, a variety of technical and administrative material such as letters, notices, contracts, specification, requisitions, progress estimates, reports, budget estimates, agendas, minutes and speeches.
- Takes instructions from and performs clerical and typing duties for a group of professional and technical employees.
- Prepares and maintains departmental personnel files and records, scrutinizes minutes, reports, correspondence and other data for referral or action, processes incoming and outgoing mail, controls and maintains files, records, correspondence and reports.
- Compiles statistical information and data, provides direction and assistance on a variety of office operations, and assigns clerical and typing duties to subordinates as required.
- Ensures for preparation, printing, deadlines adherence and distribution of Regional Board and other committee agendas and minutes, operates word processor as required and performs some duties of clerical superior in the latter's absence.
- Clerically processes cheque requisitions and other material related to the department.
- Provides a variety of factual information and assistance to District staff, business and government contacts and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of 12th school grade, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial subjects. Considerable related experience, preferably as a Clerk Stenographer II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- All the required knowledges, abilities and skills of the Clerk Stenographer II classification.
- Considerable knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures applicable to department served.
- Sound overall knowledge of the District organizational structure and of the functions of its departments and divisions.
- Ability to perform secretarial tasks and relieve a superior of office and routine administrative detail with minimal supervision.
- Skill in typing and processing clerical work of a complex and technical nature, in taking and transcribing shorthand and other dictation and in the use of word processor as required.