New job Activity Coordinator in Northwest Territories
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometers of Fort Good Hope, NT.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
The position is based in the Fort Goop Hope elders complex and reporting directly to the Day Program Coordinator in Norman Wells. The incumbent also have access to a team of colleagues located at the Fort Good Hope Health Centre. Planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating culturally appropriate activities that promote healthy lifestyles and socialization for clients’ physical, mental and emotional benefit.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A specialized knowledge and aptitude for working with the elderly, physically and mentally challenged client.
- Good communication both oral and written in English; Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong ability for working independently while remaining part of a team work environment;
- Works in a confidential manner;
- Treats clients and others with respect.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Northwest Territories Continuing Care standards, Home Care standards and NTHSSA Strategic Plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accreditation standards including two patient identifier, transfer of information and hand washing ROPs.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- Holds a current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Leadership skills: need to encourage clients to attend or join an activity and motivate them and keep them engaged.
- Problem solving skills
Typically the above qualifications would be attained by:
A college certificate in leisure studies, gerontology, recreation therapy, community development etc.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.