New Job Practitioner Enquiries Officer In New Brunswick
|Practitioner Enquiries Officer|
Practitioner Enquiries Officer
Company : Department of Health
Salary : $4,086–$4,962 a month
Location : New Brunswick
PRACTITIONER ENQUIRIES OFFICER
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Department of Health has an opening for a Practitioner Enquiries Officer within the Medicare and Physician Services Branch in Fredericton.
As the Practitioner Enquiries Officer you will:
- Organize, plan and conduct certain aspects of investigations, which may include identifying, researching and analyzing any assessment or payment irregularities;
- Perform adjustments related to WorkSafe New Brunswick claims;
- Assess and determine correct and accurate payment for all oral and written enquiries from Dental/Oral Maillofacial Surgeons and Practitioners which may include but is not restricted to communication with Practitioner Offices, Medical Consultants, and the New Brunswick Medical Society;
- Document system/business requirements, medical practices/trends, while maintaining files/records and tables with respect to the Schedule of Fees;
- Interpret acts, regulations, and policies.
All tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy.
Who you are:
- You are effective in working collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- You are adept at critical analysis and recognized for your sound judgement.
- You are recognized for your ability to work autonomously and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma supplemented by the successful completion of a one (1) year post-secondary program diploma in a related field, which includes Medical Terminology;
- Six (6) years of related experience that includes one (1) year working in a health-related environment;
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel is also required;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered;
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensue that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
A candidate who meets the essential qualifications, except for coursework in Medical Terminology, may be considered if they demonstrate on their application that they are enrolled in or are willing to enroll in an online Medical Terminology Certificate. Successful completion must be achieved.
Asset Qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Experience in claims assessment;
- Experience in interpreting acts, regulations, and policies;
- Experience in dealing with confidential information, and familiarity with the Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act.
Candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications, in addition to the essential qualifications, in order to be given further consideration.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Information Seeking
- Results Orientation
- Client Service Orientation
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Written Communication
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $2,043 to $2,481 bi-weekly (ASL 5)
What can GNB offer you:
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
How to apply:
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by November 27, 2023 indicating competition number 35-23-0030. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
E-Mail: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!