New Job Global Banking And Markets - Gafe Financial Engineering Internship/Co-Op - Winter 2024 In Ontario
|Global Banking and Markets - GAFE Financial Engineering Internship/Co-Op - Winter 2024|
Global Banking and Markets - GAFE Financial Engineering Internship/Co-Op - Winter 2024
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 184245
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Term: January to April 2024
Application Deadline: 09/22/2023
There's no better way to kickstart your career than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There’s a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
As part of the Global Capital Markets group, Global Analytics and Financial Engineering works closely with the trading and marketing groups to provide analytics, to help develop new product capability and are also involved with developing new business lines. The work is often structured as projects, and usually the projects are analytic, technological, or process-related in nature. The Co-op Analyst is required to focus on one or two specific product areas but can also be required to work on other business line initiatives as the priority changes in our dynamic trading environment.
Financial Engineering is a friendly and supportive group working within an exciting environment. You will gain valuable knowledge of financial markets and instruments, while making substantial contributions to a large-scale trading operation. Previous co-op students have moved on to various positions within the organization following graduation There are opportunities within GAFE for students to work with the Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives and Commodity Derivatives business lines.
Students hired for the semester will have access to numerous learning opportunities: a lecture series on the different business lines and how they work, access to the Global Banking and Markets Wiki where all models are documented, opportunities to talk to traders, marketers, and analysts to learn from their experiences.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- "Help develop and test new novel derivatives pricing models."
- Develop quantitative tools for trading and organise your desks accordingly.'
- Develop and manage infrastructure processes for new business lines...
- Personalized trading and marketing systems.'
- Perform evaluation of the Mark-to-Market impact and sensitivity of various models.?
- Can you help out at the trading and sales office?
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- Your educational path involves a post-secondary program.
- You have a passion for education and envision working for prestigious international companies that prioritize your future. Why?
- You have a liking for participating in extracurricular activities, such as conferences, clubs, competitions, and hackathons.
- Are you really good at C++ programming? (Java, Python, Shell scripts, Excel etc.)
- Having proficient knowledge of mathematical techniques and derivatives products is advantageous. Additionally, you demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
- You are a proficient problem solver and an analytical person.
- You possess strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and a focus on results.
- You are capable of performing well in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.'
- The courses you are currently studying include Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics; Statistics; Business/Finance; Applied Mathematics; or other quantitative fields.
What’s in it for you?
- Your team will be diverse, collaborative, and talented. Embrace this opportunity to join us.
- You get full training for the role, and you get real coaching too - you need it!!!!!!
- Scotiabank Student Day, Learn & Learn, leadership panels, and other exclusive student events!
- Scotiabank-wide orientation to gain insights into Scotiabank's operations and meet with senior executives from across the company.
For those interested in gaining exposure to global capital markets and related technologies, this internship is an excellent opportunity that will provide you with valuable learning. You'll also have the opportunity for meaningful learning through challenging work experiences and skill-building modules during your stay; all of which will create such an enjoyable and stimulating environment. We encourage you to be authentic on your path, always open about your strengths, and take pride in taking advantage of opportunities available.
How do I apply?
Our internships/co-ops or new graduate programs do not require resumes, and instead, we prioritize building relationships rather than relying on resumes. Instead, our assessment process is based on your strengths and potential as an applicant.
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile.
Students can apply for student positions at Scotiabank, TD, and MUFG.all steps above.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.