New Job Finance Agent In Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 47664
Location: Edmonton, One (1) permanent
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Closing Date: September 14, 2023
Classification: Administrative Support 5
The Ministry of Alberta Justice helps ensure that all Albertans can live in safe and resilient communities while having access to a fair and innovative justice system. Working alongside its partners in law enforcement, family justice, health, the judiciary, criminal justice system and other stakeholders, the ministry has a direct or shared responsibility in all elements of the justice system in Alberta. To follow this link find out more about our department
The Family Support Order Services (FSOS) Branch, Courts and Justice Services Division (CJS) helps families achieve their court ordered support obligations. We are committed to providing fair, impartial, supportive, informative and courteous service.
Are you highly motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment? If so, the Maintenance Enforcement Program has an exciting opportunity for you!
Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP), a part of the Family Support Order Services (FSOS) Branch, has opportunities for two highly motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills to provide a wide variety of financial functions within the Revenue Program Support unit.
Responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited too):
- Batching, verifying, posting and reconciling individual file payments
- Performing bank deposits, arranging for transfer of funds, and reconciling the Program's petty cash as needed.
- Analyzing and investigating inconsistencies/inaccuracies relating to banking and client transactions, and determining corrective action
- Analyzing and auditing daily and monthly reports to ensure accuracy and integrity of process financial transactions
- Administering the general ledger accounts
- Preparing financial voucher adjustments
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to provide or obtain client financial information
- Performing accurate filing of financial transactions and reports Notifying clients and stakeholders of updated financial and banking information
The successful candidate will have:
- Understanding of general office, accounting and filing principles/practices
- Knowledge of banking practices, generally accepted accounting principles and department records management regulations
- Knowledge of computer based systems and software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Maintenance Information Management System (MIMS), and web-based applications
- Ability to analyze financial/banking information/data accurately and calculating adjustment entries with precision
- Ability to comprehend and interpret financial documents and to make decisions based on relevant factors and individual case facts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to respond to client questions calmly, tactfully and with diplomacy Ability to handle stress in a high volume environment
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable Albertans? If so, apply today!
High School diploma with a minimum of three (3) years progressively related experience in a banking environment and/or claims processing environment is required.
Equivalencies may be considered:
Directly related education or experience will be considered on the basis of 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or 1 year of experience for 1 year of education.
(degree with no experience, diploma plus 1 year experience, certificate plus 2 years’ experience)
RequiredPlease outline how your experience as it relates to the qualifications in detail in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your written ability will be assessed through this document.
- Proficiency with Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Experience working with financial documents
- Experience Posting and reconciling individual file payments
- Experience working with general ledger accounts
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
In this role, you will contribute to our team's success by demonstrating the following key Alberta Public Services (APS) competencies:
- Drive for Results to know what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders
- Creative Problem Solving to be proactive in identifying solutions and focusing on continuous improvement
- Develop Networks to connect with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders consistently and ensures their needs are represented in decision-making
- Systems Thinking to recognize the broader impact of your work and to be able to understand broader goals
($1,913.27 - $2,342.49 bi-weekly) ($49,936 to $61,138/year)
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8:15 am - 4:30 pm (36.25 hours per week)
Position currently available:
One (1) permanent
John E. Brownlee Building (10365 – 97th Street, Edmonton, Alberta)
Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening.
What we offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plans: Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Health Spending Account:
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies within Government of Alberta.
Please outline how your experience as it relates to the qualifications in detail in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Khadija Akther at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check