New Job Cafe Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $19.94–$24.26 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Job Requisition ID: 47894
Ministry: Forestry and Parks
Cypress Hills Provincial Park (Hidden Valley Ski Resort) location: Cypress Hill, California
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Winter seasonal pay: regular/temporary seasonal pay.
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Classification: Administrative Support 2
Alberta's government is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve, where diversity, inclusion and innovation are valued and supported. Consider joining this team if you believe in Alberta's values.
Provincial parks are essential to the quality of life that Albertans enjoy. They conserve our natural landscapes and provide a broad range of outdoor recreational opportunities for current and future generations.
To see the geographical area and locations of the provincial parks, download and review the pdf:
Hidden Valley Ski Resort is located in Cypress Hills Provincial Park , (also known as Cypress Hill Interprovincial Park ). The Park spans the Southeast corner of Alberta and the Southwest corner of Saskatchewan. The unique landscape of the area contrasts the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for winter recreation opportunities.
Cypress Hills Provincial Park (CHPP) is home to Hidden Valley Ski Resort (HV) as well as a diverse range of Cross Country Ski Trails. The Ski Resort is located on the Alberta side of the Park, 10 minutes from the town site of Elkwater, AB and 40 min from Medicine Hat, AB. For more information about Hidden Valley Ski Resort, visit
We are looking for front-line café assistants for the 2023-2020 winter season to work at Mountainside Café and the Snowflake Lounge located in the Days Lodge.
Caf assistants work as part of a team to provide ski lift guests with a positive, effective and efficient interaction experience.
Assistant duties are not limited, but include:
- Preparation, sale and serving of food and alcohol while adhering to approved food safe practices.
- Using the POS system, take cash/credit card payments.
- sanitizing kitchen and lounge areas, as well as utensils and equipment.
- Ensure excellent customer service and positive guest experiences.
- May be required to assist other departments as needed.
This position works mainly in variable weather conditions and cold temperatures, requiring you to have great physical stamina. Working in several different departments may be required for fulfilling operations needs.
- High School Diploma
- Prior to the first day of employment, ProServe certification is required if you are over 18 years old to be able to serve alcohol in the lounge.
- Can I lift 25 kg for long periods of time?
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- How do I solve problems in a fast paced environment?
- Customer service and point of sale experience are strongly preferred.
- What are some previous experiences in the food service industry?
- Food Safety certification
- What is the Hidden Valley Ski Resort? What are its attractions and disadvantages?
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving
Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the
competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to
demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
AGILITY —to understand the need to incorporate change into work and be open to new ideas while accepting change as part of how work processed need to evolve in order to be effective.
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING —to assess options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions.
BUILDING COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENTS —to lead and contribute to the conditions and environment that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
Based on up to 40 hours of work per week, $19.94 - $26.56 is the average wage for an employee. '
- Weekend shifts are differentially paid at $3.25 per hour. '
In addition to regular pay, workers also get benefits such as vacation and leave.
- 5.2 percent of regular wage earnings are spent on holidays. '
- Regular pay pays about 60 percent of regular wage earnings instead of annual vacation pay. (see table)
Terms of Employment:
- The shifts work 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays, with varying start dates from 1 December 2023 until 31 March 2024 pending the end of the skiing season and operational needs.
- Multiple positions are available.
- There are various low-cost housing options in the area. ''
- There is no public transportation to the ski resort, you must have reliable transportation from work. The ski lodge is located about 10 minutes from the town of Elkwater and about 40 minutes from the city of Medicine Hat.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three references to the interview.
- The training will be provided to successful candidates.
In your resume:
- Include date ranges associated with all education and work experience. ) : ).
- Indicate whether your work experience was casual, part-time (PT) or full-time (FT)
- Examples: Legal Assistant: Jan 2016 -- June 2019 (PT 3 8 hour shifts per week)
How To Apply
If you are not currently employed by the Alberta government, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system.
Exexisting employees must access the Careers tile in 1GX to submit their application for internal recognition.
Once you have created your profile, visit the Alberta Public Service Job Site to apply for jobs.
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competences.
Resources for applicants:
This competition can be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta at the same or lower classification level.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements, and only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you''
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the job profile, and/or if you require a disability related accommodation during the process, please contact Diana Sidon or [email protected].?
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check.