New Job Officer, Finance And Contracts (Reaching Home) In British Columbia
|Officer, Finance and Contracts (Reaching Home)|
Officer, Finance and Contracts (Reaching Home)
Company : Vancity
Salary : $64,500–$96,500 a year
Location : British Columbia
Vancity is the largest private sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada. Come join our team of 2,700 diverse individuals and access competitive rewards & benefits, all while knowing you are a part of a greater movement.
Do you describe yourself as having an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, good communication, and the ability to work well both independently and cooperatively across teams. Goals serve as your compass, helping you to determine priorities and make the necessary corrections to stay on course. You are dedicated to applying REDI principles into life and work and enjoy working with data and information to make them accessible for users and readers.
This role supports both Finance and other VCF Program Teams by providing financial, fund and other reports that are reliable, accurate, and complete.
This position reports directly to the Program Manager, Reaching Home Manager, Reaching Home Program, Vancity Community Foundation and is located at 312 Main in Vancouver. (currently remote with the option for partial remote work on an ongoing basis).
A typical day involves:
- Assist the Program Manager with the development and implementation of related due diligence, negotiations and contract documents for subprojects and/ or external contractors.
- Assist with monitoring assigned RH funded projects, including processing monthly claims, and identifying challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with the development of training materials for staff and subproject contract holders
- Support community and equity centered CFP, adjudication, and fund dispersal processes
- Support activity and capital monitor process
- Assist with the preparation of subproject invoices to CE’s, provide support with contract negotiations, reporting and financial oversight
- Assist in answering Community Advisory Board (CAB) and CE Finance related questions and Financial reporting as needed.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects that support the nurturing of relationships and distribution of resources.
- Work with Managing Director and other Project Leads on internal staff capacity opportunities as well as opportunities for sector capacity building initiatives.
- A subject-matter expert and learner – you possess significant knowledge in your functional area and areas that can impact your work. You ensure to keep updated with the most relevant developments in your space.
- A relationship builder – you can adapt your interpersonal and intercultural skills to various target audiences inclusive of those from equity denied groups and are proactive in starting & developing key relationships in all relevant sectors. You can recognize differences of opinion, bring them out for discussion into the open, and look for win-win solutions.
- A solid researcher – you are critical, community oriented, and explore things beyond the surface. You are resourceful and utilize the tools at your disposal to discover solutions, practices and knowledge that will assist you and your communications efforts.
- A collaborator – you work effectively with others and can recognize own limitations and boundaries. You use non-oppressive styles and methods, and organize thoughts and ideas clearly when communicating with other staff and model reciprocal learning.
- An excellent communicator – you use your written, spoken, interpersonal, intercultural and public speaking skills to communicate potentially complex material and issues effectively to your target audiences.
- Familiarity with basic accounting and/or financial best practices, processes and regulations.
- Proficiency with Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Familiarity with general database and query language and/or accounting software.
- Experience and exposure to working within a non-profit environment.
- Exceptional time management, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equity, diversity and inclusivity principles.
- Aspiration to work within an anti-oppressive and anti-racist organization and have demonstrated experience applying REDI principle.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Comfort with routine and data entry as well as the flexibility to take on a wide variety of duties as required.
- Able to work effectively and with minimal supervision in remote environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with constant changing priorities.
Bonus points, if you have:
Experience working in Non-Profit, project management or government work experience is an asset
Salary range: 64,500.00 to 96,500.00
Posting Deadline: Please apply by 4:00 PM PT, September 15, 2023.
About Reaching Home:
Reaching Home supports community-led efforts to prevent and reduce homelessness in Canada. Funded by the Government of Canada, it supports the goals of the National Housing Strategy, including the reduction of chronic homelessness nationally by 50% by 2027–2028 Locally, it is overseen by a Community Advisory Board made up of community representatives from various sectors and is administered by a Community Entity.
VCF is engaged with supporting one local program with their own Community Entity and Community Advisory Board. In the Greater Vancouver region, we work in partnership with and support Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society who is the Community Entity for that region.
For more information on Reaching Home please go to https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/homelessness.html.
For more information on the Greater Vancouver Community Entity, Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society please go to http://lnhs.ca/community-entity.
About Vancity Community Foundation:
Vancity Community Foundation was founded on the belief that if we work together, we will have the resources we need to build a thriving, vibrant community.
Everything we do is an investment in community. We believe that if all our assets are invested in building healthy communities, where cooperative principles and practices are flourishing and social justice and environmental sustainability are centered, the world will be a better place and our community well-being will be enhanced.
Our vision, shared with Vancity, is a transformed economy that protects the earth and guarantees equity for all.
- We implement cooperative principles and practices
- We believe in social justice and financial inclusion
- We actively work towards Reconciliation and being an anti-racist organization
- We are committed to environmental sustainability
- We are a Living Wage Employer
- We value Reconciliation, collaboration, innovation, integrity, equity, and community.
To learn more about Vancity Community Foundation, please visit: https://www.vancitycommunityfoundation.ca/
- We are the largest private-sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada
- Our permanent employees qualify for attractive benefit packages that can be customized and changed each year to meet their evolving needs
- New employees receive between three and four weeks of vacation allowance per calendar year, and the number of vacation days grows — to a maximum of six weeks per year — as their length of service increases.
- In addition to the 10 statutory holidays in British Columbia, Vancity provides an additional three statutory holidays. We offer care days for periods of short-term personal illness or emergency family illness, plus opportunities to take unpaid leave for a variety of reasons.
At Vancity we’re committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace to help our people and communities thrive and prosper. Diversity in our workforce is integral so that we can truly represent, understand and respond to our community needs and deliver on our member experience.
As part of this commitment we are taking action to learn more about our applicants and ask that you complete a short and anonymous Diversity Survey that will influence the design and execution of Vancity’s overall DEI initiatives and programs, one of which aims to advance our commitment to become a financial force for change and build a fair world. Please click this hyperlink to complete the Diversity Survey. Your responses are collected anonymously and will never be linked to your job application.
Vancity is an inclusive and equitable employer and actively seeks to advance racial equity, inclusion and belonging across the organization. Vancity offers required accommodations in all stages of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please advise us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
At Vancity Community Foundation we’re dedicated to being an inclusive, anti-racist organization with a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
We encourage those who identify from groups who have been structurally excluded (indigenous, Black and Racialized communities, 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, Disability communities, non-Binary, Trans and Women Identified communities) to apply.
Please note that all shortlisted candidates for this role will be required to complete a background check which includes resume verification, credit check, criminal record check.