New Job Cleaner Heavy Duty In Ontario
|CLEANER HEAVY DUTY
CLEANER HEAVY DUTY
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 36649
Job Category: Buildings, Property Operations & Real Estate
Division & Section: Parks, Forestry & Recreation, PFR Parks
Work Location: Toronto Island, 9 Queen's Quay W.
Job Type & Duration: Part-Time, Temporary Vacancies
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $25.00 - $27.39
Shift Information: Various shifts, rotating dates, including weekend shifts. Shifts must accommodate Ferry schedule.
Affiliation: L79 Unit B PT
Number of Positions Open: 10
Posting Period: 03-May-2023 to 17-May-2023
Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division provides exceptional services that are key contributors to the quality of life for all Torontonians. Our Cleaners in the Parks branch provide services across the City to various popular public destinations such as Toronto Island, and other destination parks and golf courses. We strive to ensure a clean, safe and welcoming environment for residents and tourists alike.
- Maintains and ensures a high standard of cleanliness with the effective use of supplies, solutions and equipment such as floor and buffing machines, steamers, and vacuums
- Cleans, washes, strips, and waxes floors and stairs
- Vacuums and cleans carpeted areas
- Collects and sorts garbage and recyclables and removes to designated areas
- Cleans, polishes, dusts and disinfects washrooms, offices, windows, air ducts, stairwells, etc.
- Monitors and secures facilities and reports any damage, vandalism, etc.
- Cleans and stores equipment and machinery used
- Shovels snow, salts walkways and lots, cuts grass
- Stocks and maintains cleaning cart
- Maintains supply inventory in designated areas/locations
- Adheres to safe work practices
- Other duties as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in performing various cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance activities in an institutionalized environment.
- Experience in using floor maintenance machines, cleaning equipment, materials and solutions.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and must qualify for the City's equipment operating permits and requirements.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the provisions that apply to this work including WHMIS.
- Ability to lift, push, pull heavy items as well as climb ladders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, clients and the general public.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and shifts as assigned as well as work in multiple locations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, prepare and maintain manual and electronic records.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.