New Job Utilities Operator In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
With a population of approximately 16,302, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
The City of Cold Lake is seeking one qualified individual to fill the permanent, full-time position of Utilities Operator within the Infrastructure Department.
Reporting to the Utilities Foreman, the Utilities Operator is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of water plant functions, water and sewer utilities; as well as ensuring safe distribution, treatment, disinfection and transmission of potable water to City of Cold Lake residences and customers. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of water mains, sanitary and storm sewers, fire hydrants, water and wastewater systems, pump houses, lift stations and treatment facility. The operator oversees the safe disinfection of potable water and uninterrupted transmission to customers, obtaining field samples, lab testing, organizing data and record management, monitoring bacteriological levels, and reporting data to Alberta Environment for analysis. The City of Cold Lake is experiencing an exciting period of growth in its Environmental Services Department, and as such, the incumbent will have the opportunity to be part of major projects such as significant upgrades to our water distribution and collection systems, as well as our wastewater treatment facilities and technology.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have minimum 2-3 years’ experience in utilities and infrastructure maintenance, preferably in a municipal or other government setting.
- The preferred qualifications for this position include a High School diploma and Operator’s class 3 license with Q endorsement.
- Alberta Environment Certification - Level II Water Distribution and Level II Wastewater Collection are required, and Level II Water Treatment and Level I Wastewater Treatment are preferred.
- Standard First Aid, CPR, Confined Space Entry, H2S, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Heavy Equipment Operator certifications are required.
- The Operator will have strong time management, computer, communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
Interested candidates, please submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience. Please include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications and copies of any relevant certifications. The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. This competition will remain open until January 2nd, 2023.
Preferred Certificates :
- AIR BRAKES
- CLASS 3 DRIVER'S LICENSE
- WATER DISTRIBUTION II
- WATER TREATMENT II
- WASTEWATER COLLECTION II
- WASTEWATER TREATMENT I
- GRADE 12 DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT