New Job Supervisor, Operations In British Columbia
Company : Brewers Distributor Ltd.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
We are currently searching for a Supervisor, Operations reporting to the Manager, Operations. This is a Full-Time Permanent opportunity.
Location: Port Coquitlam Distribution Centre
Who We Are
Officially established in 1995, but with historical roots dating back to 1971, we know a thing or two about how to deliver beer. BDL is a private joint venture company owned by Labatt Breweries of Canada and Molson Coors Breweries that provides wholesale distribution of beer and the collection of returnable, refillable and recyclable beer containers within the four Western Canadian Provinces, Northwest Territories and the Yukon. Our mission is to serve our customers and communities responsibly and with integrity, striving to deliver superior distribution that is efficient and cost-effective. We’re leaders in providing a healthy and safe working environment, and a role model in environmental leadership with the goal to continuously preserve our planet! Apply now and find out more about our team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide leadership and front-line supervision of employees in an automated and unionized warehouse environment
- Hands on operation of robotic automation equipment
- Performance management of employees
- Responsible and accountable for daily throughput numbers and automation KPI
- Plan, organize, and manage workflows to maintain efficient and effective warehouse operations
- Ability to understand and demonstrate strong business acumen
- Ensure that customer service targets and goals are successfully met
- Ensure the company’s Health and Safety, Operational and Budgetary efficiencies
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
Who You Are - Your Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A post-secondary education
- 1-3 years of mechanical, electrical or instrumentation experience is required
- 5+ years of related work experience and 3+ year of supervisory experience in unionized work environments within a manufacturing, warehousing, and/or distribution facility setting
- Previous experience using HMI (Operator Interface) to operate automated equipment would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with robotics or related equipment would be considered an asset
- Strong labour relations knowledge and background
- Demonstrated people management and time management skills and leadership qualities
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and proven work ethic
- Strong communication and writing skills, ability to multi-task and communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems with an eye for detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Application Deadline: December 27, 2022
Apply today with your resume so we can get to know you better! Don’t forget to sign up for “job alerts” so that you can learn about all our new job opportunities first!
Please apply online to the link below or apply through the careers section on our website. Internal applicants please indicate in your online application that you are a “Current Employee” and ensure you highlight your current work location:
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing a respectful and empowering workplace that values our greatest resource, our people. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging are essential components of our culture that empower us to meet the needs of our employees, customers and communities. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds including racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and any other characteristic. We’re an equal opportunity employer and provide employment accommodation in accordance with provincial legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process .
We genuinely thank you for your interest in this opportunity with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.