New Job Second Cook - Remote In Manitoba
|Second Cook - Remote|
Second Cook - Remote
Company : Horizon North
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a remote Second Cook, you will assist in the overall kitchen operations and maintenance, as well as cleaning and sanitizing of designated kitchen areas, tools, equipment, pots, and dishes. This is a rotational position working 14 days on, 14 days off in a remote camp site.
Your work will include:
- Ensuring consistent quality standards in food preparation as per client’s requirements and safety and sanitation in accordance with Food Safe protocol
- Preparing food items for sandwich making including select and cut breads, cut and wrap sandwiches, slice cold meats and cheese by hand or machine, and distribute meats, fillings, garnish and other ingredients on breads
- Visually inspecting appearance of all cold food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal
- Checking and controlling proper storage of all food items in refrigerators and freezers to maintain product freshness
- Preparing and setting up a full salad bar for lunch and supper
- Ensuring food stocks are utilized effectively
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance with a 14 days on/14 days off rotation
- Career advancement opportunities with on-the-job training
- FREE meals and FREE accommodations while on site!
- Your own PRIVATE room with cable TV and Wi-Fi across site
- Transportation to site provided
- We will pay YOU up to $2000 for anyone you refer to us thar is hired (PLUS, there is no limit - refer as many people as you would like!)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a minimum 4 years' kitchen experience, with at least 1 year as a Second Cook
- You have previous experience working in a remote camp setting or have interest working in one!
- You are personable and enjoy working with an awesome team
- You take pride in your work and aren't afraid to go the extra mile
- You have a valid Advanced Food Safety certificate, or willing to receive (we will cover the costs!)
- It is an asset if you have First Aid training, but not a requirement
- You are fully vaccinated against the protection of COVID-19 and can provide proof of vaccination (requirement to access site)
- You have valid government-issued photo ID for air travel to site
- You have the ability to:
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended periods of time
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands
- Perform work with arms at full length
- Work with arms above shoulder height
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.