New Job Plan Checker 1 In British Columbia
|Plan Checker 1|
Plan Checker 1
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $31.41 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Plan Checker 1
Status: Regular Full Time CUPE
Salary: $31.41 - $37.00 per hour
Closing: January 2, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are hiring a regular full time Plan Checker 1 (two positions). This position will be responsible for reviewing building permit applications for Single Family Dwellings and other minor Part 9 structures in conformance with applicable city & provincial regulations. The Plan Checker 1 will respond to customer inquiries and provide clear written and verbal direction related to construction processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduation including or supplemented by courses relating to safety codes.
BOABC Level I certification or an equivalent in experience relating to the processing of permits.
Considerable experience relating to the processing of permits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of applicable sections of the Building Code, and other related safety regulations, procedures, permits, and bylaws as they relate to the work being performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable departmental practices, procedures, rules and regulations, and of the requirements of other Municipal departments relative to all types of permit application processing
- Sound knowledge of record keeping, filing, public contact, and related functions.
- Sound administrative knowledge of the codes and bylaws applicable to the processing of all permits.
- Ability to effectively work with Data Management Systems including AMANDA.
- Ability to establish priorities and schedule workloads to meet established Department Performance standards.
- Ability to deal effectively, tactfully and courteously with the public, and to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to read permit application plans and drawings and to make decisions in accordance with applicable codes, rules, policies, and regulations.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations accurately with speed, calculate construction costs and related permit fees.
- Ability to check, maintain, and process a variety of office records; compose routine and non-routine correspondence, compile information and maintain municipal permits related Data Bases.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Valid Class 5 driver’s license valid in the Province of British Columbia.
- BOABC Level 1 Qualification
- Registration as a Building Official
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected].
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset