New Job Parking Enforcement Officer(Contract) In Ontario
|Parking Enforcement Officer(Contract)|
Parking Enforcement Officer(Contract)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35.42–$47.23 an hour
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Number of Positions: 5
Closing Date: 12/20/2022
Parking Enforcement contributes to the overall safety and security of the residents of the City of Mississauga by focusing on traffic safety. You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic, and dedicated people committed to enforcing the Traffic By-law, Fire Route By-Law, and Accessible Parking By-Law to maintain safe and secure roadways and properties throughout the City of Mississauga.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Parking Enforcement the successful candidate will enforce non-moving traffic violations throughout Mississauga in accordance with City by-laws (Traffic, Fire Route and Accessible) through the issuance of penalty notices.
- Operate city-owned vehicle during assigned patrols of City.
- Respond to complaints received from residents, Council members and staff related to parking infractions and regulations ensuring maximum effectiveness in conflict resolution.
- Assist other Parking Enforcement Officers with inquiries to meet service demands within established timelines; escalate unresolved matters requiring management’s attention and/or other stakeholder involvement; educate and provide information to members of the public and staff concerning the traffic by-laws and policies for the City.
- Direct and co-ordinate the removal of vehicles by the City’s towing contractors in accordance with the traffic by-laws and the City's contract.
- Prepare and submit occurrence reports to supervisory staff and where necessary provide situational awareness in response to Councillor or public inquiries.
- Responsible for the proper care and/or control of vehicle, computer equipment, uniform and other issued equipment in accordance with corporate policies and departmental standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position works 10.5 hour shifts to provide service to the community 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Availability is required across all shifts (days, afternoons, nights).
- Temp Positions: Platoon A (1 Position), B (2 Positions), C (1 Position), D (1 Position)
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of Law Enforcement, Security, Police Foundations, Municipal Law Enforcement or other Enforcement related program at a Community College or University is a minimum requirement.
- 1-2 years Parking Enforcement ticket issuance or administration experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the City's Parking enforcement by-laws, Administrative Penalty by-law and Provincial Offences Act, is required.
- Work experience with electronic Administrative Penalty Notices and other parking enforcement handheld technology, vehicle License Plate Recognition/Digital Chalking, INFOR is an asset.
- Excellent oral communication skills essential with demonstrated ability to resolve disputes in a manner which supports our client driven integrated service delivery mandate.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with members of the public, external agencies, elected officials and other city staff; tact and diplomacy to competently handle confrontational situations.
- Be a results-oriented individual who strives for continuous improvement that encourages simplifications.
- Effectively apply organizational and time management skills daily.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as support a team approach in the unit, use sound judgement and make appropriate business decisions.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook) and demonstrated administrative skills including excellent writing ability to prepare detailed activity reports, internal and external correspondence is required.
- Must have a valid Class “G” driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract to operate a City vehicle
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Mavis North, Enforcemnt/C Stor
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Enforcement Division , Parking Enforcement
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.