New Job Maintenance Technician In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $52,407–$56,069 a year
Location : Ontario
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to support our Real Property Planning and Management Branch. The Maintenance Technician would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
This position will appeal to someone who enjoys working in a multi-site team environment with constantly changing priorities and new challenges daily. The successful incumbent should be someone who is open to learning and can provide their own input and ideas to benefit the workplace.
The successful candidate provides assistance to staff in electrical, plumbing, A/C refrigeration and machining/millwright trades and performs a variety of maintenance activities including but not limited to, troubleshooting, servicing for a multitude of mechanical systems and or equipment such as pumps, fans, compressors, motors, HVAC equipment, filter changes, etc.
In addition, the incumbent will also undertake other related duties as needed, such as but not limited to, installing/removing & checking fire extinguishers and safety equipment, cleaning parts and equipment by sandblasting/solvent tank, general windows and doors repairs, replacing ceiling tiles, repairing tools and assorted equipment from tool crib.
Other duties include performing routine tasks to maintain and keep the community campus looking well-kept and presentable and he/she will have good communication and computer skills in order to write short reports and work from manuals, drawings, sketches.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Secondary school diploma or equivalent, according to provincial standards.
Maintenance Technician or mechanical trade training, including apprenticeship would be considered an asset.
The following will be considered assets:
- Confined Space certification.
- Fall Arrest certification.
- Standard First Aid and CPR.
- WHMIS” and "Workplace Violence" trained.
- Trained in safe use and storage of hazardous materials.
- Working at heights training.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant* experience working in an industrial or commercial maintenance environment.
- Significant* experience with maintaining and troubleshooting equipment which may include but is not limited to: hand tools, power tools, fan coil units, air handling units, exhaust fans, building automation system, building equipment and vehicles.
- Experience with PPE safety equipment, harnesses and workplace safety procedures.
- Experience dealing with hazardous and chemical products.
- Experience working at heights.
- Significant: 2 to 6 years.
- Experience with HVAC systems.
- Experience completing daily log entries for records-keeping and maintaining various reports.
Condition of Employment
Current and valid Ontario Class G Driver’s Licence.
Must be able to possess and retain the physical capabilities to perform the position which include but may not be limited to: crouching, bending, twisting, walking, climbing stairs & ladders, ability to hear to diagnose mechanical troubles, and the ability to handle heavy and bulky objects.
English or French
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot equipment which includes: compressors, pumps, fan coil units, air handling units, exhaust fans, building automation system, and building equipment etc.
- The ability to apply basic safe operating practices to work with machinery and equipment.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance related duties pertaining to buildings, industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and/or sketches.
- Technology support - Client focus (Level 2)
- Technology support - Communication (Level 2)
- Technology support - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 2)
- Technology support - Teamwork (Level 2)
- Technology support - Results orientation (Level 2)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Technology Support
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $52,407 to $56,069 per annum.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- Willing and able to work occasional overtime, including nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (18451) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 9 January 2023 - 23h59 heure de l'Est