New Job Housekeeping Aide In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
House Keeping Aide – 1 Regular Part Time Position
Health Services – Long Term Care
The Long-Term Care Division requires staff to provide person-centered care to our residents and families following the Butterfly Philosophy of Care. This will ensure high levels of emotional wellbeing and a better quality of life for those living in our homes. Staff are to have emotional intelligence ability to deliver person-centered care in an authentic way that is meaningful to the resident and their family.
Reporting to Facility Supervisor (or designate) you will perform housekeeping duties to ensure the Centre, including furniture and equipment, is kept clean
- Dries, damp mops, spray buffs, strips and refinishes all floor surfaces and stairways
- Washes walls, air vents, light fixtures, windows and ledges
- Vacuums and shampoos all carpet and upholstered furniture
- Removes waste, keeps all containers cleaned and lined and takes action to address offensive odors
- Replenishes paper towels, tissue and soap dispensers
- Maintains equipment and materials
- Reports building deficiencies and faulty equipment
- Reports health and safety hazards, actively participates in eliminating causes of accidents and performs emergency occupational health and safety measures as required
- Participates in relevant aspects of the continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program
- Grade 10 or equivalent education is required
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, suppliers, visitors and volunteers
- Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
Compensation: As per collective agreement (CUPE 966)
Location: Sheridan Villa – 2460 Truscott Drive, Mississauga, ON
Hours of Work: 32 hours of work bi-weekly - shifts: 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm on the first Friday and Tuesday and every other weekend and holidays
If this employment opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire
Please note: Successful candidates hired to work within any of The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care Homes are required to provide the following information prior to hire:
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- TB Skin Testing
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19, including third booster dose
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.About Us:
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected].
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.