New Job Assistant Controller In Quebec
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Why choose Tornatech?
To join a growing Canadian company where employees are considered members of a large family. Tornatech is a leading private manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of fire pump controllers. Established in Canada, Belgium, Dubai, the United States and Singapore, Tornatech is trying to offer its employees the best working conditions, because they are the priority.
You will love our new bright and modern factory in Laval, where the working environment is very friendly and inclusive. Having a nice structure but being a medium-sized company, you have the opportunity here to actively participate in the growth of a local company, in a stimulating atmosphere!
We are also proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2021 and 2022.
Tornatech in action! https://youtu.be/rm9DORnS3lc
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/tornatech-inc/mycompany/
Tornatech is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the existing team. The person will report directly to the Controlleur, Karla. This role will suit someone who is independent, who manages his priorities well and who has good rigour in carrying out his work.
What we offer:
- Family company focused on development
- New office and factory since 2018; modern and bright
- Telework (hybrid mode; our employees work around 80% of the time from their house)
- Group insurance and RRSPs after 3 months
- Paid vacation during the holiday season
- Bus pass refunded at 50%
- Referral Program
- Very active social committee (go-kart, BBQ, corn maze, bowling, draws, gifts and more)
- Micromarket service consisting of quality products and free coffee in the cafeteria
- A dynamic, motivating and innovative team!
In your day to day you will have to:
- Production of financial statements in accordance with Accounting standard
- Maintain month-end calendars
- Prepare and maintain various role procedures
- Prepare and generate month-end reports
- Assistance in the production of claims and reports, when applicable
- Prepare reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts
- Assistance and generation of inter-company commissions
- Research/preparation of monthly/quarterly sales tax
- Establish and maintain internal controls
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Provide a monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Coordination or assistance with the budget process
- Investigation of accounting problems and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Participate in the preparation of the annual audit
- Manage journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for monthly or annual close
- Assistance and generating various management reports.
- Review company accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- All other related tasks