New Job Service Designer In Nova Scotia
Company : Mariner Innovations
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is seeking a Service Designer to join our IT Professional Services Team. In this role, you will be responsible for:
. Review existing documentation, including prototypes and findings from previous digital identity alpha phases and usability testing results
- Develop presentation materials to support meetings, workshops, etc.
- Keep Jira tasks up to date with progress
- Attend and participate in team meetings and workshops
- Keep project information consolidated, organized and up to date, using Microsoft Teams
- Summary notes and analysis materials
. UX Design
- Create and test clickable prototypes
. Using Adobe XD or an equivalent product that can be imported into Adobe XD
- Update user epics and stories
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
. Using findings from work completed during previous usability test sessions and DI&T-A2i project requirements for accessing immunization records
- Develop a user recruitment and selection approach and plan
- Analyze policies, processes, legislation, and business needs to confirm design limitation(s)
- Revise and create prototypes
- Synthesize the results of usability testing by applying service design analysis methods to identify key insights.
- Support the definition of a MVS by epics and stories and create a clear plan and prioritized list of features to be completed in the Beta Phase
- Participant in bi-weekly Sprint Review/Demos (Show & Tells)
- Lead the design and delivery of service design artifacts, such as workshops, blueprints, journey maps, recommendations and insights reports, roadmaps, etc.
- Technical Solution Assistance
- Observing tests with users and contribute with synthesis of findings and recommendations for improvement/enhancement
- Input and advice on identifying measures of success (KPIs), service support requirements, and options to keep the service up to date
- Input and advice into accessibility and inclusion planning for testing/ building the service
Experience with citizen-facing Digital Identity projects is desirable
- Experience with Health Services is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and partners at all levels, across technical and non-technical teams
- Able to appropriately react and respond to change
- Experience in designing, delivering, and supporting human/user centered services
- Experience in the public sector is preferred
- Experience in leading design workshops and conducting usability testing
- Experience developing service design artifacts, such as blueprints, journey maps, designs, wireframes, and clickable prototypes
- Experience with Adobe XD is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Atlassian Jira, is considered an asset
- Experience in delivering digital services following agile project management methodologies
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!