New job Senior Tax Staff, Transaction Tax - Vancouver in British Columbia
Senior Tax Staff, Transaction Tax - Vancouver
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
About the Job
Are you looking to develop as a tax professional? We are a group of seven tax professionals from manager to partner at EY in Vancouver who focus on M&A. Our M&A tax practice has grown significantly in the past 5 years and we are looking to continue to expand our team.
We can offer you an exciting career where you will learn from leading tax professionals and develop into a trusted tax advisor. If you are looking for a position where the work changes every day and you are constantly learning, then this may be the position for you.
The team in Vancouver is led by Janette Pantry, who has been recognized as one of Canada’s leading tax professionals and includes an associate partner with over 25 years of tax experience, two senior managers and three managers. The Vancouver M&A tax practice is also part of our national Transaction Tax group which consists of approximately 55 tax professionals who collectively share knowledge and assist each other. You will be working on high profile transactions where tax advice is critical. Our team regularly advises on the largest transactions in the British Columbian and Canadian markets.
If you are a person who likes a challenge, who is looking to expand your tax experience and to learn about advising clients in the midst of their most important transactions while at the same time having fun and being supported by a highly-effective team, this may be the job for you.
As a Senior Tax Staff, you will be a part of our Transaction Tax (M&A) practice. You will be part of a team that helps clients determine the right deal to do, and then assists them in doing the deal right. Transaction Tax encompasses developing and advising on the tax structure, executing tax due diligence, challenging assumptions about future tax performance, undertaking tax modelling and assisting with the tax aspects of purchase agreements, post-closing reorganizations, and other tax advisory matters.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Staff, you will be involved as part of the team in analyzing and structuring transactions, delivering outstanding client service as a project manager on due diligence projects for both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers, and assisting with a variety of tax advisory projects. Day-to-day responsibilities would include:
- Assisting with structuring transactions for both strategic and financial owners, as well as corporate transactions related to acquisitions and divestitures
- Managing due diligence projects and determining potential tax liabilities and exposures in both strategic and private equity transactions
- Completing tax research and preparing tax structure memos
- Preparing advance income tax rulings
- Managing a variety of tax advisory projects including tax planning for both owner-managed and public corporations
- Developing and implementing tax strategies to maximize after-tax proceeds to sellers in M&A transactions
- Reviewing tax assumptions in financial models and preparing tax models
- Developing internal relationships with other members of our Transaction Tax practice and other EY tax and financial professionals as you assist other groups in serving their clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Professional designation
- Minimum of 3 years of Canadian tax experience
- MTax or enrolment/completion of the In-Depth Tax Course or similar training
- Solid management, organizational and English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work in dynamic environment with changing demands
Ideally, you’ll also have
- M&A tax experience.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax who are inspired by helping clients in undertaking their most important transactions. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days off that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Internal and external learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.